Reclaim 10mm of front suspension travel

Locdoc

thanks all for the thread, once again Eric is a legend!! now......where to find some new blocks?.......Eric?
theOMsound, check out my public profile and you will see the bar on mine

I’d like to know more about the plates? Can I not just buy some thicker industrial plastic and make replacements using the original as a template? 10mm, 15mm thicket than original

Eric Experience

Locdoc
Last time I tried to buy new rubber blocks MB said that had been a run on them lately. Can not imagine why that would be, so there is none left. What I did was get a pair for a NCV3 and modify them to fit. A lot of fiddling, doing it again I would use a spacer under the old blocks. Eric,

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
im adding another update, i got my blocks installed on the wrong side and have since had a misalligned drive train = vibration up to 40kph. going to pull it down again and get the different sized blocks in the right side. only a little painful but once its done its done right???
Did you get a new alignment after every time you ripped this apart?

Simple_One

2005 Sprinter 316 CDI 4x4
I have just swapped out my dual leaf and old rubber blocks for brand new composite leaf and fresh blocks!! Ride height restored. FYI Frey autoparts alibaba 230USD delivered to Aus for parts.
Would you happen to have the part number for the spring or blocks?
My van is suffering front end sag. Couldn't get all of the part number off the front transverse leaves as it has been worn off, but looks like two steel springs?
What I could get of the part number is:
904 XY0 04 01 (where X and Y are two unknown numbers).

My van has a black preload spacer on the drivers side, and a red preload spacer on the passenger side (RHD being is Australia). Is that the right way around?

Locdoc
Last time I tried to buy new rubber blocks MB said that had been a run on them lately. Can not imagine why that would be, so there is none left. What I did was get a pair for a NCV3 and modify them to fit. A lot of fiddling, doing it again I would use a spacer under the old blocks. Eric,
What material and thickness spacer? 1/4" thick aluminum? Doubled?

vic

Eric Experience

Vic,
You are still locked in on the old imperial system. The block is in 2 parts, A hard plastic that is located in a recess in the cross member. Below the hard plastic is the rubber block, the rubber is in a recess in the hard plastic. So you have multiple places to put a spacer. because of the shape of the recess it would be better not to use a rigid material. A piece of rubber possibly from the side wall of a tyre vulcanized to the top of the rubber block may be less likely to walk out of position. The thickness would set by amount the block has deformed, may be 10 mm. Eric.

SprinterLex

2006 T1N 3500 Long & Tall
Fronts all different heights? why?

The below talks about the front-end height difference between my 3 2006 sprinters.
- 3500, 140", cargo van
- 3500, 158", cutaway with 14'x7'x7' box
- 2500, 158" cargo van

I'm trying to figure out why my 140" is taller them my cutaway since they are both 3500. I simply measured from the middle wheels grease cap to top wheel well and got a 1" (25mm) difference. Something to note is the 140" came with the donut tires and the cutaway came with the 225/75 R16.

As previously mentioned my 2500 is also higher than both the other fronts. It also looks more level.

Response to Pics not showing
- As for seeing pictures, I could see Owner's pics but couldn't see Eric's pic. Like millionmile I'm also using a mac.

Respons to Vic's last message
- The coin in my area has a different system on each side, O Canada.

I don't know if this information helps at all.

During the recent 2006 front strut change I measured the 2006 2500HC 140 Passenger and 2004 2500HC 140 Cargo from the enter hub to the fender edge. Both measured 18 1/2", but that could be +/- a bit... fairly accurate though. Both came with factory 16" wheels if that matters.

vic

SprinterLex

2006 T1N 3500 Long & Tall
I don't know if this information helps at all.

During the recent 2006 front strut change I measured the 2006 2500HC 140 Passenger and 2004 2500HC 140 Cargo from the enter hub to the fender edge. Both measured 18 1/2", but that could be +/- a bit... fairly accurate though. Both came with factory 16" wheels if that matters.

vic
Good knowledge to share I would say

Sanrory

I have just swapped out my dual leaf and old rubber blocks for brand new composite leaf and fresh blocks!! Ride height restored. FYI Frey autoparts alibaba 230USD delivered to Aus for parts.
Hey! Did this fix your suspension? I've got 05 316 4x4 which is sagging and it's hard to find the right parts. Any updates since you fixed yours?

Top Bottom