SS Agile Bathroom drainage issue

bottleupper

I've been researching this issue today. I believe the issue is the shower drain line goes too far into the tank. The vent line for the tank is via the grey water line from the shower. Because it reaches to the water in the tank, the tank cannot properly vent and thus pressurizes and prevents water entering the tank. This line enters to the front side of the tank and that is likely why some people have had luck raising the front end of the unit. Raising the front of the unit is likely enough to uncover the end of the drain line and allowing the tank to vent and depressurize. I believe the answer will be to make a new vent into the grey tank at the highest point. I am considering looping this back to the ABS drain line from the shower, and thus to the roof vent. I'm on the search for a decent flange to use to give me a nipple to attach a hose to the grey tank. It won't be an easy fix crawling under on my back!!!

Found this drawing. It helps in the understanding.
https://postimg.cc/Q96Lj6Vg
Thanks for the drawing. I have a 2016 SS Agile and the shower drain has never worked properly. I purchased a small plunger and will try that the next time. Did your fix work?

OK, here's the cheapest and best way to use these showers. 1. Before you use the shower, empty the gray tank. 2. Take a "Navy shower" get wet, turn the shower off, soap up. 3. rinse, turn the shower off and dry. Spending what it takes to make it work will only work somewhat. It will never really vent properly because the tank is too small. Sorry but this is the best way to use it, and only use it if you finally need a shower as opposed to a sponge bath. 4. buy a huge RV.
Yup, this is why I empty my grey tank whenever it shows two LED comes on. I have always found that even with with little grey water accumulation, the shower drain has lots of difficulty emptying. I just got used to emptying out the grey tank frequently.

I've been researching this issue today. I believe the issue is the shower drain line goes too far into the tank. The vent line for the tank is via the grey water line from the shower. Because it reaches to the water in the tank, the tank cannot properly vent and thus pressurizes and prevents water entering the tank. This line enters to the front side of the tank and that is likely why some people have had luck raising the front end of the unit. Raising the front of the unit is likely enough to uncover the end of the drain line and allowing the tank to vent and depressurize. I believe the answer will be to make a new vent into the grey tank at the highest point. I am considering looping this back to the ABS drain line from the shower, and thus to the roof vent. I'm on the search for a decent flange to use to give me a nipple to attach a hose to the grey tank. It won't be an easy fix crawling under on my back!!!

Found this drawing. It helps in the understanding.
https://postimg.cc/Q96Lj6Vg
We have recently purchased a 2017 Ss Agile and have the same problem. Would you have any development on your search for a solution?

G. Landry

Gmxpxpat03

Had the same problem with my 2015 SS Agile. I had a gray tank vent kit installed (part # 99920050) and the problem went away. It took 2 hours and cost $273.42 ($70.92 parts, $202.50 labor). Covered under warranty.
Having the same issue with my Agile SS. source or supplier of this tank vent kit please?

mike_sharp

Following up on my posting of the installation document in the post just before this one...

Being unable to find a kit of parts (99920050), I bought all the necessary components individually. The blind bulkhead fitting used in the original kit is no longer available so I substituted a TF-1 1/2" barb self sealing water tank fitting from Specialty Recreation.
(https://specrec-com.3dcartstores.com/12-barb-self-sealing-water-tank-fitting.html)
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.27.46 AM.png

Another option, should the TF1 not be available, is a 3/4" UNISEAL Flexible Tank Adapter.
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.30.18 AM.png

I used a hole saw to drill the tank so that I would capture most/all of the material being drilled out.
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.33.03 AM.png

Before drilling the tank I'd tried one last time to get the shower to drain. It didn't and I was left with water standing in the shower pan. This turned out to be a really good proof of the design flaw. As I was under the RV drilling the hole in the tank for the TF-1, as soon as the center drill broke through there was a very audible release of air from the tank and the shower drained into the tank very quickly. If that isn't proof of vapor lock being the problem then I don't know what would be.

I did depart from the installation instructions slightly when installing the Y in the vent pipe. I had two flexible couplings on the ABS pipe about 9" apart and accessible from behind the black plastic trim piece under the cabinet. Instead of cutting the vent pipe and gluing the Y per the kit instructions, I removed this 9" piece of pipe, cut it, glued it to each side of the Y and trimmed this back to 9" to fit back in place using the original flexible couplings. Placing the Y between the flexible couplings allows you to adjust the position of the 3/4" vent hose instead of being stuck with the position of the Y when the glue set.

The TF-1 is made for a 1/2" tube and the Y in the vent pipe is for 3/4", so somewhere along the way you'll need to transition from 1/2" to 3/4". I ran 1/2" tube from the tank across the RV and through the floor (using a big rubber grommet to protect it where it passed through the floor) since it's a little more flexible and easier to route. I lucked out and the inner diameter of my 3/4" tubing was essentially the same as the outer diameter of the 1/2" tubing so I just pushed them together to make the transition.

Hopefully this is more than enough guidance for anyone else (who is handy) to be able to correct this design flaw.

--Mike

Top Bottom