My Small Toy Hauler

nugget

I couldn't add all the photos so used a snapfish account. Just click the below link, in the right hand corner click "wait, I already have an account", then use the
email: vansprinter@yahoo.com
Password: sprinter
then you can view the photos

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/t...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Specs:
2012 170 Extended
2000 watt inverter
2 T-245 6 V batteries, mounted under van
Relay to charge batteries from alternator
30 gal water tank
7 gal water heater
Wabasto H2 heater
Plasma TV\DVD
Cherry Cabinetry
Solid Surface counter tops
Stainless steel sink
Glass flip top 2 burner propane stove
Shower inside, with an option outside
5.3 cf Fridge with freezer
Almost king bed
120 V air conditioning with shore power
2 maxifan roof fans
Laminate cherry floor
swivel front seats

For the time being, I am done with the project but need to build a door for the shower, and cabinets above bed on sides of van. My small toy hauler will haul 2 bicycles, 3 surf boards, plus all my kiteboarding sails and equipment, 2 sets of golf clubs, a grill, and many other tools and items. I started this project in January by visiting this website. I thank all of you for sharing your experiences. I received my van the last part of May and am now ready to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Last edited:

ajm3s

I am interested in your battery boxes that seem to be placed in floor bed. Can you provide a Bill of Material or vendor for in floor battery boxes.

Al

nugget

The battery boxes came from the site below. Contact Jeff

http://rviwoodworks.com/

Mofo- follow the instructions the first paragraph of my post, you are using my account by doing that without having to sign up with snapfish

rexagon

Very fine workmanship. What was your approximate buildout cost for your materials and how many hours do you think it took to get where you are? Mine took over a year in spare time and I also have odds and ends to do yet. I really like the layout and utilization of space.

nugget

Thanks for the compliment. I probably have around 500 hrs in the conversion. I added up the receipts the other day and it came close to $15,000. I didn't spare any expense on materials like drawer slides and hinges. It is built to last. I had over $1000 in just solid cherry wood alone. I probably could have saved around $3000 by skimping on quality but figure this rig is good for 300,000 miles under my ownership and wanted to make it as comfortable and functional as possible.

Top Bottom