Lubegard Platinum ATF Protectant (RSN reloaded)

sikwan

06 Tin Can
In reference to this thread, I decided to try the Lubegard to see if it will have any effects to my muffled RSN.

Napa Auto didn't have anything so I had to go to a local auto store called Winchester Auto. A 10oz bottle was $15.95 plus 8.25% CA tax.

DSCF1449.JPG
Front of the bottle.

DSCF1450.JPG
Back of the bottle.

I didn't check the level this time probably due to my laziness and not having anyone to put it drive so that I can check it with the dipstick. The last time I checked it, it was at this level...

...around mid level and not to the full amount. So I went ahead and filled in the 10 ounces of the Lubegard. I'll check the level next time.

A deep reddish color.
DSCF1442.JPG

I'm going to run it for about a week to two weeks to see if I can feel any changes.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
But you do not even have to worry about it anymore, since you went for the NCV3. :rad:

SprinterUSA1

I'm co(sprinter)dependent; afflicted with an overly developed sense of empathy (towards other sprinter owners) that respects not the boundaries of generations.

make that some sprinter owners.

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Just an update...

My RSN has not gone away completely since two days ago.

I can consistently get my RSN to come back by going 20mph and letting the transmission shift up to 3rd. Once in 3rd, I back off the accelerator and just feather the pedal around the 18-20mph speed. This is where I can get it to slip and vibrate.

Instead of a massive vibration, it's now just a low hum. Whether this is due to overfilling the transmission or the new fluid, I don't know.

I will say though that the hum is hardly noticeable. I have to look for it hard. Before the RSN was very apparent to the point where the floor would vibrate badly.

Top Bottom