Which windows

Craig4568

Im Having a LWB van converter to a motor home and was wondering which windows you guys think are the best
I fancy the full panel tints (LIMO style) on the full side of the van but the builder would like to put the off the shelf large plastic RV windows in with built in blackout and fly screen I understand the practicality of these but i think they are ugly.

What are your thoughts and opinions, is function better than form? or is there a compromise out there on the market that I dont know about

Thanks in advance

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Ventilation is the key here. You should try to have an opening window near the back of the van, preferably 2 for cross-flow.

But is this on the NCV or T1N? The NCV with RV windows would look pretty lame compared to the stock bonded windows. The T1N can get away with it as only the rear door windows are the flush bonded type.

I think there is a compromise though. There are bonded windows you can get that have a small sliding window panel within them.

PabloP

PabloP
The conversion done on my van has two sliding windows with external wire mesh, one in the sliding door and one on the other side over the sink. These can be seen in the photos in the link provided in the earlier post.

But I am also making a full mesh curtain for the sliding door, for those hot summer nights and may consider doing the same for the back if needed.

Rob P

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
We used these from CRL.

http://www.crlaurence.com.au/crlapp...History=30587:21889:16124&ModelID=41644&pom=0

They have opening sections with screens.

BTW: They seem to be readily available in the US for approx $400
Hey thanks for the lead. I guess USD400 equates to over a grand in local currency lol?

I don't suppose you know how much their windows for the T1N are? Specifically...
http://www.crlaurence.com.au/crlapp...16126&History=30587:21889:16124&ModelID=16126

rb3232

T1N or NCV3? I don't think motion has product for the NCV3.

Im Having a LWB van converter to a motor home and was wondering which windows you guys think are the best
I fancy the full panel tints (LIMO style) on the full side of the van but the builder would like to put the off the shelf large plastic RV windows in with built in blackout and fly screen I understand the practicality of these but i think they are ugly.

What are your thoughts and opinions, is function better than form? or is there a compromise out there on the market that I dont know about

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom