Alpine IVA-W205 radio with Blackbird Nav.

hunghua

MAXIVAN
I have some cables and at 26 mph they would start hitting the wheel wells and make horrific noises, they also did not have a way to tighten them down enough. I think a more expensive set of chains or tires should do the trick. These **** ones also left marks on my rims that will probably need to be polished out.

hunghua

MAXIVAN
Steering wheel controls work with new alpine system. I can adjust the volume and select up or down for ipod songs, changing radio stations etc. The left controls still operate drive computer functions etc. while the right controls work with the head unit. I am having fun with the new alpine unit. So far I have added inverter and replaced ashtrays along the side of van with electric outlets for laptops, phone chargers etc. went with bullet cam in bumper, added xm radio to alpine unit am trying out the rds traffic service, have ipod interface and bluetooth up and working. I have also added a 15" Eigervision flip down television for my 3 sons, should make the trips much quieter. The 15" looks great and has an incredible picture, my wife's first comment regarding the tv was that it was too small. When I explained that the price starts doubling as the tv gets larger she lowered her tone. Another cool little option we installed is a tap system for remote access. Its a small device that hooks in with the power locks. Through a series of taps I can open the driver door when I don't want to carry my keys with me. I liked this option as the part was $75 and is very discreet. This was a must for me as I am a scuba diver and hate always hiding the key somewhere on the outside of the van. I ended up going with bullet cam to allow me to have side vision while driving. I have installed an override switch that allows me to turn on the rear camera while moving forward, the field of vision is terrific and I can now see those blind spots. The camera is flush mounted in the rear bumper dead center. I'll post some pics of the installations soon. I took the van back to the dealership to replace another faulty park sensor on the front bumper, 2nd attempt. Next upgrade is the speakers in the front and the addition of the amp, the price tag was a bit too high on this last round of goodies, so I'll have to hide the speakers and amp install from the Mrs. The new head unit really makes the stock speakers seem pretty crappy, they seemed fine with the sound 20, but now I really want to crank some songs up from the ipod and XM.

hunghua

MAXIVAN
re: alpine pics attached

Here are the pics of the installation. 3 buttons where cd changer was are for rear camera on while in motion, video kill switch for when arriving at destination, inverter on/off switch. TV is mounted just ahead of the overhead vents, best viewing in 2nd and 3rd row seats or on the head unit for the 1st row passengers.

Attachments

tab380

The Drain Doctor
If you get the Alpine RUE-4190 remote ( I got it from Ebay for about $50.00) you can change the screen display so the rear camera is on all the time without using a separate button. You can also enter address for the Nav system without touching the screen. I hate the finger prints on the touch screen so I use the remote.

SprinterUSA1

Hello All,

I finally managed to install my Alpine this weekend. Install went smoothly but the initial setup of the unit was quite cumbersome. It is working now. Had to get used to the way the Blackbird recognizes/inputs Street names. Love it so far. It has replaced the TOMTOM 920T which worked superb. Still have to get my remote set up. Hate those fingerprints that reflect on the screen. Also the steering wheel control units are not installed.

Are there any 07' Sprinter out there using the SWI-CAN2 and SWI_JACK from PAC successfully? I do not see why there should be any differences between the 08' and the 07' controls but want to make sure before I mess anything up.

SprinterUSA1

Studio718

Hello, I am new here
Purchased an 07 sprinter over a month ago
what exactly do I need to get a set up like this?
part numbers and where to order would be appreciated.

hunghua

MAXIVAN
Hello, I am new here
Purchased an 07 sprinter over a month ago
what exactly do I need to get a set up like this?
part numbers and where to order would be appreciated.
Here is a link for the two units
http://www.al-eds.com/-DOCKNROLL-p18263.html
I bought mine from a local alpine dealer and probably paid more at the time
for the wiring harness that was supplied by pac (714-835-3756) don't know if they sell to public, but will sell to your installer
just tell them the make and unit of your radio and vehicle and they can give you the part numbers.

You'll enjoy this system, its very nice.

hunghua

MAXIVAN
Re: Alpine IVA-W205 radio with Blackbird Nav. UPDATE

Can't believe it's been 2 years, since this post. But the blackbird removable GPS has turned out to be a POS for me. My stereo shop was great and kept contacting Alpine and getting me a new one, but after 3 went bad, loss of color, connection etc. I am happy to report that Alpine has decided to upgrade me to the latest greatest system for free. I will lose the portability, but I already have a portable gps that is smaller and easier to travel with. I will gain a host of new features and an even cooler screen. If you have the blackbird and have had issues you may want to hit up your stereo shop where it was purchased.
Link to the new GPS unit http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/nve-m300/

psalm66

Top Bottom