Blew the trailer fuse

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Stupid I know, but now I cannot find the fuse. I have a 2007 Leisure Travel Vans Serenity, but this hopefully is more universal as there is likely only one other guy that has one of these. I checked the electricity and then I plugged in, it worked for a second and after checking for electricity with the meter again there was now nothing.

I went to the under the wheel fusebox but nothing was listed as being trailer, I went to the underseat area which is less specific listings so I went thru each one but never found a blown fuse.

Where else might the electricity have been coming from, I checked the house and those fuses are OK as well... Service manual doesn't have anything to the hitch as well...

-Randy

bc339

Randy, what type of trailer harness do you have - is it OEM or a light module? Is it a 7 wire or 4 wire plug. If it's the OE harness and 7 wire, the power should be at pin 4 of the plug, which is tapped from the battery.
My harness tap from the battery leads through the firewall to the fuse box under the column. It has an in line fuse, but it is hidden behind the fues panel. I installed my harness, and that was the only place it would fit. Check for an in-line fuse by the battery, you may see a small guage wire attched to the positive post that goes back to the firewall. This is the positive lead for the trailer harness. Yours may or may not have it, but hopefully this helps.

Bruce

Last edited:

bc339

Yes, it is Dodge/MB for US NAFTA Sprinters. I added some info to the first post for you for a place to look for a fuse.

Bruce

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Hmm... looks like I was desperate for help once upon a time and never closed out the tread. So if you are following in my footsteps and have blown your trailer fuse by trying to lift a 400 lb. motorcycle onto a new motorcycle lift here is what I found. The manuals that came with the RV included the hitch kit. The kit shows how to install in a generic car but it does say to tap off the fusebox. This caused me to dig and I found curled up next to the fusebox was the trailer hitch inline fuse. I replaced it and pushed it back into the wire bundle, but didn't bury it so I will find it next time I have the door off below the steering wheel.

-Randy

Top Bottom