DPF delete by my friend

2greek4u

The ecu file was e-mailed to Malone today.
When it becomes ecu id time :thinking:on the flashzilla, reply from Mark Malone:

I recommend trying any engine under MERCEDES > SPRINTER W906. They're all ECU Family 120, which is all the same.
(used the 516, 184 hp file which worked)
Do an ECU ID first, then if successful do an ECU Read.
(These are functions on flashzilla, both worked, and the van started right up after the read.)
Thanks,
Mark

Next step is to download Mark's modified tune from a PC to the flashzilla then load the vehicle...
Where is this flash/tune and how can I reach Marc?

I have been reading this Forum for a while now before I got my 2007 sprinter (this week actually). This place is excellent!

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv

I have been reading this Forum for a while now before I got my 2007 sprinter (this week actually). This place is excellent!
Nice link Jon.:thumbup:
Mark Malone is a good guy, his NCV3 tune was not fully developed and returned for a refund.
I use and recommend Renntech, there are others, drive the tune before you buy it.

Last edited:

dukepilot

Custom Spooling USA

If you are interested in a tune for your Sprinter, we (Custom Spooling) can assist you. We have a tuning kit that includes 2 custom tunes (Economy and Performance) and a flash tool that stores the tuned files plus your stock ECU file. Contact me, Peter, at peter@customspooling.com

Nai

Hey guys, what size bit in width was used for drilling? I know you said 3 foot long but you didn't mention the width.

Vitnet

Vitnet
I had all bunch of problems all related to the DEF system, one after another. Mercedes Sprinter 2011. Eventually it came to limited startups to fix the problems. In the Shop i was told that I am looking for 7-8 thousands if shop does the work. Not even talking about Mercedes services.
Did research. Found a shop with great reputation. They reprogramed computer. Removed DEF system. 1 day deal.
All my problems - gone! It is different car now. It drives with power, save on fuel, now don't have to use Sync Mobil1 but regular oil, no speed limitation and few other things that will not bother me in the future (like Manifolds, EGR, DPF, VGT RMCR, etc)

Computer has to be reprogramed. (You can send it through the mail. Easy)
Have to remove filter.

Let me know if want if you have any specific questions.

:thumbup:

Attachments

Trayscott

Not sure what turbo damage would happen from no DPF. That said, using Rotella T6 for the last 100,000 miles, my dpf is just fine at just shy of 292,000 miles. T6 IS ultra low sulfur and DPF safe, just not blessed by mother Mercedes. I like the 5w40 number better too even if 0w30 is ok. Show me Mobil 1 for 3 dollars a quart. 5 maybe if you can catch it on sale at the right time. Just because Rotella is sold at Walmart doesn't mean it isn't good oil. I do cheat though, tuned by Green Diesel 110,000 miles ago. Have a glow plug code right now soon to be fixed, resealed all the injectors and that is it for engine issues. When the dpf goes the DPF delete will be done. The body is a pile of crap rotting right before my eyes. Ford style 20 years ago. Bought June of 2013 with 167,000 miles on it.

mataei

Wow what a good read. Took me 30 minutes. But I agree. Dpf delete does give more power and better fuel economy.

D

Deleted member 50714

One schmuck, Mr. 3 posts from Tejas, claims glow plugs not part of the emission controls. Then, only after taking his EUROPEAN wonder to a muffler shop, realizes everything is metric. :lol:

Where are these peoples testimonials now?

Tibbetsni

I would love to hear how many miles people have put on their DPF/EGR deleted Sprinters. I'm looking at getting a tune very soon, and have been toying around with deleting both of them. Tired of the EGR getting clogged, and the DPF cleaning is a pain in the butt.

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Inquiring Crow.......

OK.... so 5,6,7 years ago there was a big hub-bub about DPF deletes and all that stuff. Claims of better performance. Lower fuel consumption. MORE power!!!! Yea verily!!! Now here's the question, Guys.....

After all these years and an unbelievable number of miles on these DPFdeleted machines...... how's it working out for you? No issues? Kind of funny.... all these hot, new reports of success but no long term data.

Just asking for a Freund.

D

Deleted member 50714

Inquiring Crow.......

OK.... so 5,6,7 years ago there was a big hub-bub about DPF deletes and all that stuff. Claims of better performance. Lower fuel consumption. MORE power!!!! Yea verily!!! Now here's the question, Guys.....

After all these years and an unbelievable number of miles on these DPFdeleted machines...... how's it working out for you? No issues? Kind of funny.... all these hot, new reports of success but no long term data.

Just asking for a Freund.
Yup, they had it all figured out didn't they.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 50714

My friend owns 3500 ,170 extended , 07 or 08 , I can not tell , with 200k and he did an interesting ( dpf delete) . After having dealer cleaning that DPF a few times and paying some big money and the problem was returning back after a short time , HE GOT MAD .
He took it off and made a big hole in it with a big metal pipe and put everything back . His CEL light was on long way before for glow plugs and he does not care , he thinks that CEL is a scam .
He claims now his van has 30% more power and he is getting 24mpg on HWY .
Just wantin to follow-up, how's your friend doing?

4wheels

Just wantin to follow-up, how's your friend doing?
He's doing good . His engine died of overheating from towing a very heavy boat on a very hot day ( add mountain here)
Almost 400k when engine died .
He replaced engine with a junkyard ( 90k) and bolted it to same "DPF"

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 50714

Nice resurrection of old dead thread
Good job

I don't understand why resurrecting zombie threads is a bad thing, post doesn't die, it hibernates infinitely in the infinity of matterless cyberspace until resurrected by a curious soul, or closed by the merciless cyber gods.

So, I sssume, your friends miraculous emission control "Hack" died with the engine and lost forever???

It would make a good...excellent write-up???

:dripsarcasm:

4wheels

I don't understand why resurrecting zombie threads is a bad thing, post doesn't die, it hibernates infinitely in the infinity of matterless cyberspace until resurrected by a curious soul, or closed by the merciless cyber gods.

So, I sssume, your friends miraculous emission control "Hack" died with the engine and lost forever???

It would make a good...excellent write-up???

:dripsarcasm:
Emission " hack" never died ! Engine did

Top Bottom