Anyone in south west Missouri with scan tool

copyman

2005 NAFTA 158 2500 HT
Anyone in the southwest part of Missouri close to springfield with scan tool for 2005 sprinter Have engine light and need to find out what it is so I don't do any damage.

copyman

2005 NAFTA 158 2500 HT
Yea I had already seen that one but hoped that there might be someone that wasn't on that as it didn't show anything around my area.

Have you tried a generic OBDII scan tool yet? With the light on if it is an emissions related DTC then there's a good possibility that it may give you a direction. I know for a fact that an OBDII scan tool correctly indicated that I had glow plug problems and an O2 sensor issue on two different occasions.

The DAD or DRBIII will give much more detailed information via a specific list of codes (ie - O2 sensor heater issue as opposed to just a O2 problem), but it is well worth trying. Many auto parts stores offer free scans. Don't let them erase the codes. Write all the codes down and leave them. The generic scan tool may erase some codes in the process which it cannot see. That will remove information that may help future further diagnosis with the DAD (if needed).

Good luck. vic

Anyone in the southwest part of Missouri close to springfield with scan tool for 2005 sprinter Have engine light and need to find out what it is so I don't do any damage.

copyman

2005 NAFTA 158 2500 HT
I did hook up my odbII on it and it tells me there is a misfire on injector one actually it gave me the same p-0301 code twice in the same test which makes me wonder about how acurate the obdII is. Guess am going to take it to the dodge dealer on monday in Springfield which is about 50 miles away and have them run sacn on it.

copyman

2005 NAFTA 158 2500 HT
I did hook up my odbII on it and it tells me there is a misfire on injector one actually it gave me the same p-0301 code twice in the same test which makes me wonder about how acurate the obdII is. Guess am going to take it to the dodge dealer on monday in Springfield which is about 50 miles away and have them run scan on it.
I guess i said that wrong it was and is a misfire on clyn #1

Top Bottom