TSB - 18-041-07 - FLASH: Shift Lever Will Not Move Out Of Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
( Some content from the TSB - jc )

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Electronic Shifter Module (ESM) with new software.

MODELS: 2007 (VB) Sprinter

NOTE: This bulletin applies to VB vehicles built on or before July 20, 2007 (MDH 0720XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The vehicle operator may experience:
· Shift lever will not move from “Park”.
· Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 0007; “Electronic Shift Module Internal” is set in the ESM

DIAGNOSIS:
Using a Scan Tool (StarSCAN®) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTC's are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.

If the Symptom/Condition is present, perform the Repair Procedure.

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Here is a little tip, to jon's pdf, if you do ever experiance this... the question is how to get it out of park :idunno:for tow-away.:smilewink:
Richard

ma1.jpg

bigblue

This happened to me with only 8000 kms on my 07 3500. Dealer replaced shifter module for $1400. no warranty!

shanemac

Thanks for info Jon, seeing my rig is built Jan 07 its a matter of time before i have this problem. I suppose on my next trip i can bring it to there attention.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I don't think that's necessarily true. DaimlerChrysler never documented the (software) part number or set of part numbers that made this flash necessary. It hasn't impacted most of us driving Sprinters made on or before 20 July 2007.

Still, the flash is available and I think it's fair for you to ask for it.

I did it to my van, even though I didn't have the issue(and neglected to capture the part number before I clobbered it with the new version).

Basically, I'm suggesting that it's unlikely you're sitting on a time bomb.

Flashing it would be a preventative action.

We're not talking about a recall. It was just an available update if ya' got bit by the bug; at least that's what Chrysler customer service told me before I flashed my ESM "just in case."

-Jon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom