Rear end Fluid

shortshort

Dis member
According to the Mobil website, Delvac 1 has the 235.8 spec but Mobil 1 does not.

EDIT: Has anyone ever seen a quart bottle of Delvac 1 gear oil in the wild or seen it sold anywhere?

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
API ACEA JASO and global industry specifications vary to most major American specifications through to European and Japanese engines for operating fluids . Drive me to the exact link and I'll cross reference it.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Incoming part two the evidence is in.Mobil Delvac 1 gear lubes.
75w-90covers MB sheet 235.8 same as liquid molly and Fushe
the following series to 140w is not compliant. for a MB unit.
mobil delvac 1.JPG

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Finalizing THE GRAND MYSTERY. WITH ONGOING SPECULATION.
75W-90 Replaces Mobilube SH 75W-90

80W-140 Replaces Mobilube SHC 80w140

There was a stage where the molly was not being imported to the United States for Mobil to add the additive to the gear oil., via South Africa.
It was stated this would be rectified by the acting directors agent latter on this current year,as the additive comes in from the Euro side.
M1.JPG
On the AUS side it's always been available via anget not sold in the regular retail outlets, at least I never saw them.
lubro-moly-75w-90-gear-oil-back.jpg
Moly has something to do with it, but that's not important .

Attachments

EDIT: Has anyone ever seen a quart bottle of Delvac 1 gear oil in the wild or seen it sold anywhere?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Successful acquisition of fluids to meet BEVO MB specs for our Sprinters in the New World does require us to call upon normally suppressed aboriginal hunting skills. Good one. vic

General information for USA owners. Mobil Delvac is not commonly found in auto parts houses or big box stores.

Our local Camping World has Mobil Delvac™ Synthetic Gear Oil 75W-90 on the shelves. It has MB235.8 on the label which is listed in BEVO as should be used for our Sprinter differentials. Price was 10 bucks and change per quart.

Added: I'm not certain that even Camping World stocks the MB approved Mobil Delvac 75w-90 anymore.

:2cents: vic
Added:
General information for USA owners. Mobil Delvac is not commonly found in auto parts houses or big box stores.

Our local Camping World has Mobil Delvac™ Synthetic Gear Oil 75W-90 on the shelves. It has MB235.8 on the label which is listed in BEVO as should be used for our Sprinter differentials. Price was 10 bucks and change per quart.
https://www.mobil.com/english-us/co...xmobil-delvac-synthetic-gear-oil-75w90-80w140

:2cents: vic

Added: I'm not certain that even Camping World stocks the MB approved Mobil Delvac 75w-90 anymore.

Dennis recommends this. :thumbup::thumbup:
Simply go into an autoparts store/Wallyworld and purchase 3 qrt bottles 75/90 Mobil 1 SYNTHETIC gear oil and then it will be like a Tacoma [simple].
https://www.walmart.com/ip/MOBIL-104361-Lubricant-Gear/40905568
Dun Dun and Done
Dennis
I have spoken directly to both Mobil and Valvoline specifying the appropriate BEVO list numbers.
Both companies ensured me that their product exceeds the MB spec and quoted me on line their specs to prove it
Dennis

The approved Mobil Delvac ($$$)
https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-Delvac-Gear-75W90-112811/dp/B007WVI5G6

Last edited:

shortshort

Dis member
I found quart bottles in cases of 12 but so far not individually. Bing pulls up a lot more hits than Google, but all are selling it in jugs, pails, and drums.

My local Mercedes dealer had mobil delvac in quarts 90w made for mercedes $10 a quart. I was told this is a new product for north american mercedes replaces any prior lube. Hope this helps

shortshort

Dis member
The "book" says it's ok to substitute 90W GL5 that also meets MIL something. Apparently MBZ is not overly concerned, which is considerate of them, since they approve about 2 fluids that you can almost buy off the shelf somewhere other than a dealer here in the US of A.

Top Bottom