Rear A/C cover

apexwc

I am searching for a rear A/C cover, the ugly plastic thing that covers the A/C on the outside of the vehicle. I've tried Dodge and MB and no one can find a listing for this part. Mine was damaged at an incorrectly labeled drive-through. I know with the height if these vehicles I can't be the only one in America that has damaged one. The response from the last dealer I spoke to was basically "too bad, so sad - it can't be fixed or replaced". I can't take that for an answer on a vehicle that's only 6 months old (it's a 2006, BTW). Can some one please help me with a source or a part number?

apexwc

Has anyone done this? If mine were painted it could be repaired, it's just deep scratches. I didn't know how well it would accept paint since it's plastic.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Has anyone done this? If mine were painted it could be repaired, it's just deep scratches. I didn't know how well it would accept paint since it's plastic.
Visit your local body shop. There are automotive specialty primers and paints(or additives) that will adhere to semi-rigid plastics. Should be straightforward. Doktor A

apexwc

Thanks, I'll try that part number with a dealer tomorrow. I looked it up on newmoparparts and it retails for only $6.98. Hard to believe that that big plastic cover is that cheap - nothing else on that van is!

apexwc

P/N: 05138907AA Cover A/C Housing Top.
I'm not sure where this part goes, but according to the diagram it's not what I'm looking for. The diagram shows a dome topped cylinder with what looks like a tube coming out of it. It is item 29 on the diagram.
The part I need is the large, ugly, rectangular part that goes on the outside of the van.

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
You're right. I can't find it either. Your $6 quote verifies that too. :thinking: Why they would call it an A/C top cover is another question.

SkyGypsy

Greetings! The ac unit cover part number is 5132358aa. However some sites show that part is only for 2004 (or earlier?) Sprinters. I was trying to find one for my 2006 and it is only sold with the condenser. The part number for an 06 cover only is still elusive...

lindenengineering

Well the number you quote is a Dodge number & obsolete.
MB might be able to hep you will a full Vin # locate, but don't hold your breath.
Dennis

Top Bottom