Exterior visor

TMBSprinter

I saw an exterior windshield visor for sale on a Sprinter Accessory site from England, does anyone know if I can get one in the US. Cost of shipping from england is more than the part.:idunno:

Mrdi

It is my understanding that Chris is no longer sending parts to the U.S. Anyone confirm this?

AlbertaBear

Mine also came from Chris, but I picked it up in London between flights.

The install is straight forward.

This visor is more than just a piece of polycarbonate, a side to side metal pipe and flat bars to secure at several spots.

Jon wanted his up high, I placed mine as low as possible, and no interference with auto wipers.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
In MB USA, LLC's epc.startekinfo.com, that part number doesn't exist. I don't know what a supplier would have to do to move that mountain.

-Jon
The Manager of parts:EPC-WIS-Data [WO] can Override localized Wis for export, and it's allowed in. It does not require a VIN,just the parts number once located as to ordering codes.
It is on USA MB Vans Parts scheduling I have seen it at MB HOBART... as all US NAFTA and Non NAFTA parts are listed.
Richard
MB visor.JPGIt's an accessory, and not subject to mechanical safety or emission mandates, exclusive to NAFTA. NOTE: Its still cheaper to purchase via the UK dealerships even with freight and UK VAT included..unless you can arrange for the dealer to negiote a price as to MB RRP structures.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I was in MB of Lynnwood a day or two ago. The exterior sun visor may be a non-issue as the owner is leaning towards replacing the Dodge branded Sprinter with a new one. At least someone out there has the financial confidence to buy a new van.

I'm not sure who Andrew85 spoke to, but no one seemed to know how to get the visor when I was there. Maybe it's tribal knowledge locked away in one employee's mind.

-Jon

dodger413

i just ordered this visor from the nearest Mercedes Sprinter dealer. The parts counter guy said he didn't sell such an item, that it was an after market item. Thanks to the part number listed here (thank you Altered Sprinter), he looked it up and lo and behold, he said, it IS a listed Mercedes part. he said he never knew it was available. Looking up and down the east coast for one in stock and not finding one, says it has to be ordered from germany. two weeks , he says.

we'll see.

Mrdi

I found it available from the local So. Cal. MB Dealer.
$400 shipped from the Fatherland.
My concern would be violating the body with holes required for
installation.
Drag?
I believe there is an opening/space at the top to allow wind escape.
Any comments regarding installation?

Last edited:

dodger413

my concern will be snow in winter. i see all the other sprinters on the forum looking so cool with their visors. but i think all the other members are located in sunny warm climates that never see snow !!

a substantial snow buildup will be fatal for a plastic visor, i fear. quick stops cause avalanches of built up snow to come crashing down onto the windshield. on my 1/2 ton Dodge van, these avalanches use to snap off the windshield wiper blades.

maybe i'll wait until spring to install my visor, if it indeed arrives in 2 weeks as the parts man promised.

Mrdi

After a big snow when my roof is packed I accelerate so the snow will
exit aft. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds does it every time.:thumbup:

dodger413

big snow in Surf City !!!!!!

two girls for every guy. that's what Jan & Dean said !!

they DIDN"T say anything about stinkin' big snow !!

Top Bottom