L Track, Fittings and Straps

Strapman

My name is Rob Snyder and I work at Cargo Equipment Corporation and I have had several members tell me that I need to get involved on this site to help with your cargo securement applications, so I have joined up to see if I can help answer any questions about the correct track, fittings or strap assemblies for your sprinter van. Please message me if you need any assistance.

d_bertko

Re: L Track, fittings and straps

Hi Rob,

Welcome.

I may be one of your oldest customers here. I put ten rows of L-track in my DIY 02 back in 04 and have been singing your praises ever since. When I wanted a certain flavor of your L-track pre-drilled it was no problem getting that done for me. Excellent prices and prompt service.

Attachments

Strapman

Thank You for your positive review. We stock the L track in both standard and predrilled for easy ordering. If we can provide any assistance on future orders then please let me know. We have been updating our website everyday trying to add new products that will help secure products in all sorts of applications! give it a check at www.cargoequipmentcorp.com

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
I'd love to get some of this stuff to fit out my van but the local prices are bordering on criminal.
Too big to economically import from the USA though :frown:

I'd love to get some of this stuff to fit out my van
I do love my L-track.

I was thinking, "Wait. I can direct him to someplace. They must use it in Australia for aircraft seats because it's an industry standard."

but the local prices are bordering on criminal.
Then I remembered that when I did dabble into aircraft parts I learned that "aviation grade" makes "marine grade" look cheap in comparison. Maybe search for "wheelchair securement" in Australia? That's a popular application in the US of A. It still won't be cheap, but you may avoid the "aviation" up-price? Good luck. vic

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
The L-Track I got a price on from the local distributor was the same stuff that Strapman describes (Sure-Lok?)
Price was over double ($A120+ not including delivery) as opposed to the typical $US50 I see advertised by places such as Cargo Equipment and Sure-Lok.

Perhaps I need to machine my own. I've got a mill ...:hmmm:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
The L-Track I got a price on from the local distributor was the same stuff that Strapman describes (Sure-Lok?)
Price was over double ($A120+ not including delivery) as opposed to the typical $US50 I see advertised by places such as Cargo Equipment and Sure-Lok.

Geoff: Available in Australia Via ANCRA Australasia a division of Canada.
Stainless or Galvanized any size or type plus fittings and strapping to match.
Your fittings were sourced from Ansas Trade Commonwealth Com Fleet via the Mercedes Body builders site."Oceania".
G1.JPG

G2.JPG

G3.JPG

G5.JPG
Have a Nice day Richard

Charliektm400exc

316 Ex Ambulance 2002

I just priced some L track this week in Hobart from the ANCRA distributer, $100 a metre approximately, and he told me he was only adding $7 margin on it. (39" for those metrically challenged), so that makes it about 4 times the price from America.

I'm wondering if we can find somebody who will cut the lengths down, then put them in to a shipping package and send to Australia if that's a solution.

Charlie

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
I just priced some L track this week in Hobart from the ANCRA distributer, $100 a metre approximately, and he told me he was only adding $7 margin on it. (39" for those metrically challenged), so that makes it about 4 times the price from America.
Charlie
FYI I got my quote from Norden who are the Sure-Lok distributor in Australia.
Quote was for 100" (2.5metre) lengths.

I might go and have a look at sail track. It's readily available and much more reasonably priced (despite the 'marine' tag). Anyone use this in their Sprinter?

[Sorry for getting off topic]

Attachments

Last edited:

Mrdi

I took a look at Harken and Ronstan before I did the L Track as posted above. Here in California the sailing gear was much more expensive.
The aircraft quality L track (2) 48" sections, drilled w/ stainless mounting bolts and nylon locking nuts were about $90
including shipping and 4 quick release fittings.

http://www.car-truck-accessories.com/coretrax.asp

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Mercedes Benz Hidden portal... Not for customers to see.:shifty:
There is retail ...there is Trade pricing.
ANC.JPG

ANC1.JPG

ANC2.JPG

ANC3.JPG

ANC4.JPG
Do you want to raise your floor Or arrange for roller slide lifts.
Got to love Canada :rad:
Richard

seans

A few L-track questions for Rob:

I see you have end caps for the flanged track. Do you have end caps for the angled and recessed track? If not, can the puck from the single stud fitting kit be cut in half to make an end cap for the angled track?

Also, while researching this, I realized that in aircraft, the track between the rows of seats is covered with an extruded rubber cap. There is actually a Boeing part number for this, but I do not know what it is, and it probably works only with the flanged and recessed track. Since this is going on the bottom of the window in my passenger van, I'd like to cover the stretches of angled track that aren't in use. Any solutions?

Sean

Last edited:

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
Still looking for an affordable L-Track solution and came across some aluminium extrusion similar to the 80/20 product but, in Australia at least, a lot cheaper. It's also available in the US.

Here's the specs:

At 16mm thick, it's a little thicker than LTrack. Cost for a 6metre length is $A124.

Last edited:

Strapman

Sean,

We currently sell a plastic filler strip that can be cut into sections that will snap into the unused sections of track. The roll is sold in 25' rolls here is the link http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/Wheelchair-Tie-Down-Sure-Lok-p/fe200751.htm
As for the end caps, our 8663 end cap (only one we stock) will work with the recessed Fe751 series track. http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/Series-L-Track-and-Fittings-p/8663.htm
The puck will not pair well with with any of the L track styles available. We have been looking into different style end caps but nothing set in stone as of yet.

RIDESprinter

Anyone still watching this thread? I want to put L-Track on the walls of my 2014 Sprinter 3500 Ext, but nobody seems to make an L-Track with the right dimensions.

This one from Rob's biz is almost right, but instead of a 1/2 inch rise up to the flange, I need about 1/8 of an inch maximum: http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/L-Track-Logistics-p/fe751-100-pd4.htm (Need 1/8 so the flange will still squeeze and hold down the plastic wall pieces in place.)

Or, I could make something like this work, if it were 2 inches wide instead of only 1.25. - http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/L-Track-Logistics-p/fe750-100-pd4.htm

Take my money, someone, please! Need to find the right track though.

Top Bottom