Building my Adventure Van (2011 NCV3)

Geek

The demasking is a chore in itself! You have to micromanage every milimeter to make sure the dip is disconnected

.mobile

x_x

08 Sprinter 2500 170wb
Looks great! I have a couple of questions. Are three coats enough for an easy peel later on, if needed? How come you decided to leave the bumper un-dipped, wouldn't the plastidip stick well enough to the bumper too?

chromisdesigns

Looks great! I have a couple of questions. Are three coats enough for an easy peel later on, if needed? How come you decided to leave the bumper un-dipped, wouldn't the plastidip stick well enough to the bumper too?
I think the green and black looks great.

Geek

X_x:

I did four coats on everything and six coats on the hood and front fascia. I really wanted some protection ;-)

I could have dipped the bumber and the trim but I'm reality I'm constant rubbing/scratching those up with trees and bushes when I go to the back country locations I enjoy.
Plastidip can snag and tear and I just don't want the hassle of having to repair/touch them up when that happens.

:cheers:

.mobile

Geek

Our forecast up here at 8000 feet in the canyon this Thursday has a slight chance of snow :cry:

This could put a cramp in my dippin' activities :thumbdown:

x_x

08 Sprinter 2500 170wb
It definitely looks good and you can't beat the functionality of this combo. :thumb up: It's also "Finnish army approved"

Attachments

Onefin

The OD looks awesome.
The kids on the plastidip forums are going to freak out when they see how massive a sprinter is vs. a BMW!
Looks like all the prep work is going to be worth it.
Keep us posted with progress.
The black bits tie it all together.

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
looks awesome. i can't wait to dip mine.

(going with "graphite" with black bumpers/accents)

That was essentially my plan. Would like to leave a red accent stripe somewhere to tie the inside and outside of the van together. There is a natural spot for it but I'm wondering how well the "edge" will hold up?

Geek

mask.mask.mask.

Hopefully more spraying tomorrow :popcorn:

If I can get the rear doors treated I'll be a happy man. Then all of the breached paint has been sealed.
It'll be a bonus if I can get the rest sprayed before the snow flies so the van doesn't look like the Clampetmobile :D

Removed the badges:

I was going to mask around this...

but 2 screws in 30 seconds:

Pulled the tail lights

The difference in "clean" - right side has been scrubbed. Also removed the license plate and the license plate mounting bracket

Masking begins:

Spend a bunch of time on top of this:

Masking things like this:

I have no idea what to do with these :idunno:

Top Bottom