2005 with no AC clutch engagement

chris in BC

Hello

I am new here. I have a 2005 158" WB SRW with a tall box and I love driving this thing! I bought the unit from Ryder. The unit did sit for about 8 months before I purchased it. The AC worked according to Ryder. When I turned the AC on it just blew hot air. I filled the AC with the R134a stuff out of a can. I can't here the clutch enage when I turn the AC on from the dash. Is there a fuse somehwhere I can check?

Also, I think someone has changed the fan selector switch to only operate at setting 4. There are 4 fan settings.....1,2,3,4.......only 4 works! Any sugestions!

Also, I would recommend www.dieselfiltersonline.com for all filters! I have bought their twice and I had no problems! Chris

Hello

I am new here. I have a 2005 158" WB SRW with a tall box and I love driving this thing! I bought the unit from Ryder. The unit did sit for about 8 months before I purchased it. The AC worked according to Ryder. When I turned the AC on it just blew hot air. I filled the AC with the R134a stuff out of a can. I can't here the clutch enage when I turn the AC on from the dash. Is there a fuse somehwhere I can check?
Just throwing in a can of refrigerant is not generally good practice or effective. The A/C related fuse is most likely under the driver seat. Use the fuse map on the cover.

Also, I think someone has changed the fan selector switch to only operate at setting 4. There are 4 fan settings.....1,2,3,4.......only 4 works! Any sugestions!

Chris
Most likely your speed resistor is bad. There is a cheap fix.

Go to post #84 here.

Aqua Puttana's Cheap Tricks - Nothin' Fancy Here
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4827

Good luck. vic

Top Bottom