Maiden Voyage; Where's Katmobile?

Kat

Katmobile
Finally after months of hard work, Katmobile's conversion was ready to take on an adventure.

First on the list was to go see my childhood friend "Karen", which I hadn't seen for 35 years. While visiting, we had a chance to see some local points of interest. Here are a few pictures from the trip. Try to guess where Katmobile went in the first two pictures:

001.JPG

002.JPG

After that, we took a side trip up into the forest. It was very scenic and enjoyable. I even found a few wild strawberries to eat.

010.JPG

Here I am waking up with a cup of coffee. The sun was warm and shining bright (a rare thing where I live!).

IMG_july maiden voyage.jpg

What can I say? Katmobile was an absolute pleasure to drive, and so comfortable. I just LOVE having my little home on wheels. It has a super comfy bed, a sink, a wonderful refrigerator, a Fantastic fan, porta-potti, and now a window in the sliding door that can let in some fresh air and allows better visibility. Everything is within reach and easy to access too.

128983547066894589.jpg

Kat

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Kat's-R-US Nar! that's at Cape Grim Woolworth: I thought I saw a bunch of lost grazing white Sprinters going around and around in circles after eating poppy seeds..:smilewink:
Cape Grim Woolnorth (Custom).jpg
Looks good Kat.
11021007.jpg
Richard

glasseye

Try to guess where Katmobile went in the first two pictures:
North Central Oregon. Maybe as far east as The Dalles, but uphill from the Columbia. Congratulations on the maiden voyage.

Dual maidens, actually.:thumbup: Kat and The Katmobile look right at home on the road, right where they belong. :cheers:

Meanwhile, since Richard can post "Kat" pix, here are two new additions to our little family following recent dual tragedies:

Kat

Katmobile
North Central Oregon. Maybe as far east as The Dalles, but uphill from the Columbia. Congratulations on the maiden voyage.

Dual maidens, actually.:thumbup: Kat and The Katmobile look right at home on the road, right where they belong. :cheers:
Thanks for the compliments!

And you nailed it! :thumbup: The first two pictures were taken at the Maryhill Museum which is just northeast of The Dalles, OR, on the WA side, uphill from the Columbia River. http://www.maryhillmuseum.org/visit.html

The picture of me and Katmobile in the forest was on Eight Mile Road (between The Dalles and Dufur, OR), heading towards Mt. Hood. In some places we could see Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams at the same time; it sure was pretty up there....warm and sunny, like perpetual summer. I even got a little tan.

The cherries were ripe there and we stopped off at a couple of farm stands to do some tasting and buy some. I hate to admit it, but the Black Republican cherries were the best. http://www.slowfoodusa.org/index.php/programs/ark_product_detail/black_republican_cherry/ I'm sure I ate at least 6 lbs while I was down there.:D:

The night before I left Karen's house to return home, we took a walk around her neighborhood. And just down her street, we found several apricot trees on a vacant lot. The apricots were ripe and dropping to the ground. Aside from eating what I could on the spot, I filled up 2 plastic shopping bags full of apricots. Tree ripened apricots are so good! (I dehydrated a bunch of them yesterday).

Kat

P.S.
Congratulations on your two new family members; they are really cute and look like a whole lot of fun.

Last edited:

1hen2ducks

2006 SHC & DAD owner
Yes, you finally got out of the driveway, Congrats. It's nice to see maidens on their voyages.
The pics are great.
Nice one on the front of Catmobile.

Roll On Kat :thumbup:

Mike

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Congrats on the maiden voyage I am glad the NCV3=Junk :bounce: made the trip for you.

beachbum57

2003 LTV Free Spirit
Congratulations on your maiden voyage! I really enjoyed the seeing the pictures of your work along the way and the ones of your trip. It all looks great and I am sure that you will continue to enjoy it very much!!:bounce:

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Sorry about the Republican cherries. I believe Winston Churchill made a statement that might be of interest: "If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you are not a conservative at 40, you have no head."

Unfortunately I do not like either party. They are all a bunch of crooks to me. The less money I send them the less they have to waste. Eating cherries is OK though no matter what your party affiliation.

Good to see you made your first voyage. Now you will need to tell us what you would change.

Top Bottom