Brake wear indicator circuit high???

BoyerGuy1212

2007 SPRINTER 2500 (45 VIN)
Brake wear indicator was on all the time. Replaced brakes and sensors. Now the indicator comes and goes intermittantly and the dealer extracted code for "brake wear indicator circuit high". Does anyone know what this means? If I understand sensors, this should either be good or "open" when a sensor gets nicked due to low brake pads. Where does a circuit high fault come in???

All the sensors were replaced with the brake pads and I replaced them a second time for good measure. Ohmed out the new sensors and the sensors that just came out and they are all exactly the same...

I'm stumped and don't want to pay big money at the stealership for a warning light when everything seems to be working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
2007 SPRINTER 2500 (45 VIN)
Brake wear indicator was on all the time. Replaced brakes and sensors. Now the indicator comes and goes intermittantly and the dealer extracted code for "brake wear indicator circuit high". Does anyone know what this means? If I understand sensors, this should either be good or "open" when a sensor gets nicked due to low brake pads. Where does a circuit high fault come in???

All the sensors were replaced with the brake pads and I replaced them a second time for good measure. Ohmed out the new sensors and the sensors that just came out and they are all exactly the same...

I'm stumped and don't want to pay big money at the stealership for a warning light when everything seems to be working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Normally brake fluid is flushed and replaced possible sticking duel Bosch or ATV piston.
Sensors are very sensitive , did you bed the brakes in with anti squeak bedding compounds the avoids the pads from scaling and uneven braking surfaces. Lets look at the rotors were they replaced:idunno: if not they are below minim thickness value.
Speed sensors calibration may be out on one sensor.
fluids 035 (Custom).JPG

DSC00655 (Custom).JPG

DSC00582 (Custom).JPG
Richard

Top Bottom