driver door small window front part to be able to open

nitewulf

Hi, I just got my new 2011 sprinter and there is one annoying thing that I can just get used to. I'm a smoker and It would be nice if I can open the small fixed window that is at the front of the door. Did anyone do something with it or is there anything that could be done to be able to open it and close it ?

thnx

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Simple wide side window wind deflectors.but not available in the USA.
I'm still trying to kill the habit.
Richard

slsbl77

Richard
There is so much that is not available in the USA......:yell:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
There is so much that is not available in the USA......:yell:
Hey you think its all roses down under..Prices are three times as to what you pay at your end, you have so much be grateful for what is on offer, at your end.
Mind you Mac Donald's and coffee are on par:hugs:
Richard

K-9 SPRINTER

Richard
good thing I already got mine from :bow: Chris .................MBUSA SUCKS:2cents:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
good thing I already got mine from :bow: Chris .................MBUSA SUCKS:2cents:
There is a difference MB USA and the real culprit MB Vans USA
I have mine on my tin can MB made in Australia dam it's held up well over the years.:shhh:
Richmond.jpg
I love Sprinting in Tasmania with the windows down .I can smell the fresh air:bounce: it lets that old tobacco smoke, out the other window.:eek:
I should be shot for polluting the atmosphere.:popcorn:
Richard

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
b66560104 is not in epc.startekinfo.com (the electronic parts catalog in the US).

It's not on the MB to Chrysler part number cross-reference list,

http://starparts.chrysler.com/home/MBChry.pdf

It's also not under the Subsequent Installations group (99) on EPC
It's also not under the Front Doors group (72).

You might try contacting the guys that run the store at: http://www.peachparts.com/

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Globally available for NCV.
Richard
MB visor.JPG

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
hi

try this part number with your local mb dealer b66560104 side window deflector
if they cannot get or not listed on there system let me know
i will talk to mbuk to see why i cannot ship a item that mbusa cannot supply

cheers

chris

Chris are there similar parts available for the T1N? Richard, chime in if you know.

cedarsanctum

re: Member
I got a set of wind/rain deflectors from the Sprinter Store. Works great at venting the cabin without all the wind noise. Also, the windows can be left open a bit when parked without rain coming in. Solved my condensation problem.
That's what i remember most about those little windows being open, the wind noise. I do not miss them.
Jef

nitewulf

hi

try this part number with your local mb dealer b66560104 side window deflector
if they cannot get or not listed on there system let me know
i will talk to mbuk to see why i cannot ship a item that mbusa cannot supply

cheers

chris
its not the window deflector im looking for. I'm looking for a way to open the fixed window. I know in europe on For Transits it was possible to do so, and on many vans, im not sure for old sprinters but it was common to have that as a standard equipment.

the small fixed window, not the big one that you can open

like on this picture, the front small window has a lock to open it (not the broken)

thnx alot for your help I appreciate it

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
To me, that looks like a major retrofit. The addition of hinges would require a new frame in the opening. Although, having just gone out to have a look, it might be possible to have a reputable body builder craft one. :2cents:

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
hi kev

yes you can still buy the side deflector to suit your van
part number b67530011 uk cost £49.72

regards
chris

Thanks Chris, I'll throw the number at our local MB store and see what they come up with. Answers to follow.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Chris are there similar parts available for the T1N? Richard, chime in if you know.
Tin maybe still available, and they were sold in America with the Dodge logo.Part Number WD ID: 581366

MB Numbers.
MB B6 47 2121 LH
MB B6 47 2120 RH
These were not sold in the UK Mine are original and have not come off as the wide depth design does not rely on tape to hold them in place. they are polycarbonate hi impact plastics. Richard.
DSC00364 (Large).jpg

DSC00363 (Large) (2).jpg

Weather Tech makes a similar product. WeatherFlectors- fit into the glass channel and not glued to the exterior.

I had them on my T1N. Have not yet bought them for the NCV3.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
weather teck are a genetic brand shallow in depth and offer no wind protection with a full open widow.

weather teck are a genetic brand shallow in depth and offer no wind protection with a full open widow.
Well, have you used them?

I was happy with the performance on my T1N van. Certainly better than nothing. I have not used the "Genuine MB" product to make comparisons myself. :)

Biggest thing is that the WeatherTech product is available in the USA and not subject to MB NAFTA BS.

I really don't know what "full wind protection" means with a "full open window".... I guess that's what AC is for.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Well, have you used them?

I was happy with the performance on my T1N van. Certainly better than nothing. I have not used the "Genuine MB" product to make comparisons myself. :)

Biggest thing is that the WeatherTech product is available in the USA and not subject to MB NAFTA BS.

I really don't know what "full wind protection" means with a "full open window".... I guess that's what AC is for.
Yes we do have them down under dime a dozen . What I mean is they offer little as to the narrowness of the slim profile.
The Australian MB and the Dodge stamped logo variant on the older tins , well a window can be wound down, you arm can rest on the sill, and there simply is no wind, or rain entering the van, very quite oo as to the gracious curve. It's as good as air con on a super hot day.
In fact it totally defeats the idea of the original post, you just don't need a quarter vent window.
Richard

Top Bottom