Driving Lights to High Beams

bignose13

Can i splice driving lights into my high beam or will my computer throw out fault codes??
i know in some states its illegal and all that but if you drove where i drove you would understand..deers, deers and more deers oh yeah and elk.
Also if i can what wire is it ?

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Can i splice driving lights into my high beam or will my computer throw out fault codes??
i know in some states its illegal and all that but if you drove where i drove you would understand..deers, deers and more deers oh yeah and elk.
Also if i can what wire is it ?
I can think of two or three modules that watch the driving lights. Splice in to the line, modify the voltage even briefly and you risk something undesirable happening.... how bad? it's hard to say.

It's much safer to wire up your own circuit - and switch - in parallel to the factory wires; preferably using the aux battery if the van was ordered with it.

-Jon

bignose13

i hoping i would not hear you say that...but expected it.
I will be having my Aux battery installed next week (amongst other things) so i will just wire to a switch Via that Battery..
Thank you for the fast response

I can think of two or three modules that watch the driving lights. Splice in to the line, modify the voltage even briefly and you risk something undesirable happening.... how bad? it's hard to say.

It's much safer to wire up your own circuit - and switch - in parallel to the factory wires; preferably using the aux battery if the van was ordered with it.

-Jon

rmr1

Can you tap off the DC power line going to the high beam and install a relay switch?

This way only a very small draw will be applied to the " monitored" head light circuits.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Can you tap off the DC power line going to the high beam and install a relay switch?

This way only a very small draw will be applied to the " monitored" head light circuits.
There's only one way to know for certain. Let us know how it works out for you.

-Jon

Top Bottom