Traded My 2007 Dodge for a 2011 Freightliner

tab380

The Drain Doctor
Well it finally came in and I picked it up yesterday,:rad: I traded a 07 Dodge 2500 long extended cargo with 175000 miles on it for a 2011 Freightliner 2500 long non-extended, this one has sliding doors on both sides. They gave me $19000.00 trade in and I only had to come up with $2080.00 down to keep my payments the same as the 07 at $586.00 a month. Of all the work vans I traded sense I started Plumbing, this was the least I had to put down to keep the payment from going up.
I really like the sliding doors on both sides. The first thing I noticed that the sliding door seem to be easer to open and close, as if the were lighter, in fact all the doors seem easer to use.
The optional cargo wall covering was a little less quality and their was more space between the panels and some black attachments between the panels that look like they held the panels to the wall. Not as pretty as the 07.
The up graded dash has some different warning logos than the 07 and the message center screen seems to do less stuff. ( my 07 had a mpg since start and mpg since reset. the 2011 only had mpg since start) Their was options I got on the 07 Dodge that was not offered on the 2011 Freightliner, like rubber floor covering (the floor that the passenger van has) Trailer wiring harness without getting the trailer hitch. I guess I'll have to take it to U-Haul.
Right now I am getting a radio installed and will post pictures later. Stay tuned.:tongue:

flman

Be careful not to over load it, my 170 is starting to look heavy, I might have to go for some air lifts like you did?

tab380

The Drain Doctor
Be careful not to over load it, my 170 is starting to look heavy, I might have to go for some air lifts like you did?
I did order the extra rear leaf spring. this one has two leafs on each side. It did not increase the load limit, but should keep the rear from sagging. I wish I knew about that when I ordered my 07.:bash:

tab380

The Drain Doctor
Well after 2 nights into the wee hours of the next morning, I finally got my new truck set up and loaded and got to work out of it. I can't believe how just 18 inches less floor space can screw up my every thing in its place mentality. But it is nice to be able to park in a regular parking place.
I really like the sliding doors on both sides. there is more light in the back with windows on both doors, I open all the cargo doors when I'm working in the back and get a breeze and its cooler in the back. I'll post pictures soon.

Top Bottom