Mileage LED not showing uoh

brettaas

Hi guys

I have a 97 210d.
When i turn in my ignition or engine, i get all the lights you would expect, oil, edc etc, they then go off.
The problem is my mileage led doesnt come on, its the only digitial part of the dash, speedo, fuel and clock is a a needle.
Tried a few of the fuses but they all seem ok.
I can just see the mileage if its dark out and i have the lights on, but obviously this isnt ideal! Any ideas?
Cheers

Some guesses. On my NAFTA 2004 the door being opened tells mine to light up. Have you checked the door switches? Is it dimmed down too far? Could be the dimmer unit is bad? Good luck. vic
Hi guys

I have a 97 210d.
When i turn in my ignition or engine, i get all the lights you would expect, oil, edc etc, they then go off.
The problem is my mileage led doesnt come on, its the only digitial part of the dash, speedo, fuel and clock is a a needle.
Tried a few of the fuses but they all seem ok.
I can just see the mileage if its dark out and i have the lights on, but obviously this isnt ideal! Any ideas?
Cheers

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Have you tried changing the brightness? (the + and - buttons)

Illumination is provided by many LEDs soldered to the instrument cluster circuit board.
There's a thread (with photos) somewhere in the forum showing how to replace the LEDs (the poster wanted to change his dashboard's color)

It's possible one of your circuit boards' traces has been damaged, or that a connector is loose.

good luck
--dick

brettaas

There are no + or -.
The milage is the only digital thing on my dash, the rest is needles so I'm thinking it must be a bad connection.
I will look for the post, thanks

Top Bottom