Fasteners, Retainers, etc.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Headliner Clip: MB - A0089880978, Dodge - 05125569AA

DSCF1177.JPG

This clip slides into a metal receptable on the ceiling headliner and pops into a hole in the ceiling brace.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Rubber washer hose clip: MB - A0008241114, Dodge - 05133994AA

DSCF1432.JPG

This clip holds the rubber windshield washer hose to the wiper arm.

hulagun

Haulin' A** since 1974
Can anyone help me by posting a photo of the head liner fasteners or retainers at the rear door jambs? I'm installing OEM headliner panels into my cargo van, and unsure how the ceiling panels are held in place at the rear-most edge (I did already buy enough OEM plastic clips for the slip-in fittings that are used farther forward).

Not too impressed by all the plastic clips used in the interiors of the T1N. Thinking I might be able to use something better, but want to see what the actual clips or rivets look like (the parts manual is not much help).

Thanks in advance!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Can anyone help me by posting a photo of the head liner fasteners or retainers at the rear door jambs?
Are you talking about the "black squared-capped" in the first picture here...

sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5255

...near the red arrow?

I don't have a picture handy, however, the entire headliner uses the grey fastener pictured in the very first post of this thread.

hulagun

Haulin' A** since 1974
Are you talking about the "black squared-capped" in the first picture here...

sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5255

...near the red arrow?
Sort of. Not those, but near them. The headliner panel I'm installing had two holes in the edge that abuts the rear doors. The holes are oblong in shape, and align with oblong holes in the rear doorframe. It looks like some fastener or special rivet is missing at this location. If not, I'll install riv-nuts there in the door frame.

Brian.

I bought these, complete trash. 6 of them shattered on install (lined up, visual inspection while gently pushing into place), the remainder shattered on removal. Not a single one survived, meanwhile OEM clips are about the same price per and I've not broken one yet (had some that were broken, but not by me).

Other people seem to have some luck, but buyer beware. Waste of $12 when I didn't have that money to waste.

burns

Anyone know the reason for the clear plastic bush/insert that goes into the hole in the ceiling brace is used for?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Anyone know the reason for the clear plastic bush/insert that goes into the hole in the ceiling brace is used for?
Don't remember seeing any clear plastic bush/insert in the multiple ceiling braces. The first picture in this thread is what I saw predominately for attaching the headliner to the cross braces.

Pic?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Photos (both close-up and more distant "environment") always help.
PLUS *what model year???*

--dick (happy to dig, but knowing what continent to start in is kind'a necessary...)

burns

Sorry for the late reply. My signature and details should be all good now and here is some pics. It seems the bush helps the push clip stay in there better some of the others with no bush fall out under vibration. I have a set of new eBay china special push clips coming so maybe they are just worn ?? But can't find the bush to buy on eBay. Only some of the holes had them installed on my van?

Sometimes the easiest way out is to just get the special plastic clips from the dealership. Often the prices aren't bad especially given the small quantity needed.

vic

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What is the male counterpart? In other words, is there a male part of this connection on the headliner?

I don't remember ever seeing a clear plastic insert, and I took the entire headliner off.

Of course, mine is a 2006 and my inserts slide into a catch mounted on the headliner. Thought I had a pic somewhere.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
If that's the case, you really don't need it as it doesn't appear on my 2006.

The only thing I can think of is if the hole is oversized at it needs that clear barrel to make up for the larger drilled hole. Otherwise I would just install it to see if it holds.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The photo of the (partial) piece in his hand shows that there are markings on the piece.
I'd start by just Googling with that set of letters and numbers and see what comes up...

Aren't many Aussie Sprinters actually built in Argentina? You may be seeing a local difference in how they're done.
(the VIN has a country-of-origin code in it)

--dick

burns

Thanks for the replies guys. The numbers on the bush are patent numbers so tried searching that but nothing, ill wait for my china specials to turn up and see if they hold and go from there. Cheers

Burns

Top Bottom