Just registered in CA for $500, too much?

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
It's been a year since I got my 2006 Gulf Stream and I fear that I might not have my vehicle registered correctly. It cost $490ish yet the rest of my cars (admittedly older) cost less than $100 each. Have I just forgotten what it's like to own an expensive car?

Would a non-RV cost more or less? I think I am paying less in insurance than I would if I had just a van, but that too might be a misconception.

-Randy

glas1700

Registration for my 07 Navion (06 chassis) last August was exactly $500. Time to move to Oregon?

Byron
Woodside, CA

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
Ca rapes you on the sales price ,regardless of what you call the vehicle. I think its 2%. So if you paid more than 25k,you actually got a good deal

What do they require for diesel smog testing? That could be $100 q 2 years too

glas1700

Smog test is a visual inspection only and a tailpipe check for excessive smoke. Just another way to try to fill the state coffers.

CA charges full normal sales tax on any vehicle purchase and even on private party purchases, based on the sales price. And the state is still bankrupt.

Byron
07 Navion

Ca rapes you on the sales price ,regardless of what you call the vehicle. I think its 2%. So if you paid more than 25k,you actually got a good deal

What do they require for diesel smog testing? That could be $100 q 2 years too

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
Smog test is a visual inspection only and a tailpipe check for excessive smoke. Just another way to try to fill the state coffers.

CA charges full normal sales tax on any vehicle purchase and even on private party purchases, based on the sales price. And the state is still bankrupt.

Byron
07 Navion
with a private party purchase ,the number is up to you. but cali used to determine what they thought the vehicle was worth for the tax. needless to say,it depreciated very very very slowly in their book

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I think my last bill was like $380 and that's without the $80 commercial license plate (fee) that I exchanged for a SportVan moniker.

Top Bottom