STAL Map and Scantool thread merge?

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Sik- I was looking through the Scantool thread and I see that everyone lists their city and state. So I was thinking that I could just take the basic info from the thread (forum name, location, and scantool) and enter it into the map. What do you think would be the easiest way to contact them first?

Last edited:

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Sik- I was looking through the Scantool thread and I see that everyone lists their city and state. So I was thinking that I could just take the basic info from the thread (forum name, location, and scantool) and enter it into the map. What do you think?
Not every one in the forum wants a pin point of their location on a map, notice I list Amerika as my location along side my posts? Some people give no location. Doesn't listing people on a map with out their consent seem a little extreme to you? :thinking:

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
seem a little extreme to you?
:thinking:
... well maybe. I do see that you post your location as Amerika, but you also posted the link that says what particular state you are from. And anyone who wanted to post their location on the Scantool thread must not be too concerned about it, because it's out there for anyone to see. I didn't notice anyone actually posting their address. I mean, I don't mind telling you I live in Philadelphia, or putting a pin on a map that says I live in Philadelphia. I doubt it will lead anyone to my front door.
The map was more of an extention of the Scantool thread. More of a visual representation at a glance where everyone is located, instead of having to scroll through 3 or more pages, trying to remember places.
Extreme? Maybe over-zealous, excited. Just wanted to give back to the forum, after all the information I've taken from it.
But I do see your point and I am in no way going to start putting pins on a map with people's info on it without their permission. I was just floating an idea to see where people stood and maybe figure out an easy way to ask all those who have posted if they care or not.
I see you DO care, and I'll leave it at that. No biggie. :thumbup:

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
That's OK Joel, just seemed you were asking permission from Sik to do this rather then the individual members. Sorry if I misread you. :cheers:

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
That's OK Joel, just seemed you were asking permission from Sik to do this rather then the individual members. Sorry if I misread you. :cheers:
Yeah, I see how you can read my post that way. It is misleading. Thanks for pointing that out to me. And now that I just had a bike ride to clear my head, I think you are right.
People know about the STAL map. If they want to add themselves to it, great. If not, that's fine too. I'm not going to seek them out. :professor:
I'll edit that first post to reflect better what I meant to say. :thumbup:

What flman said.

There was no reason for me to respond to your map request, so I didn't. I can see where it may work for some people.

I realize there are ways in which anyone who was determined could read my many comments on the forum and figure out where I may be. I'm generally willing to help people out. Putting my location out on a map with the possibility of Streetview location is not something I'm willing to put out there.

That said, I've been known to talk too much/too long about common interests over a beer or two. Anyone can feel free to PM me for help or maybe just a casual visit if they plan to be in my neck of the woods. Just don't expect fancy because that's not my mode. vic

Last edited:

Top Bottom