What did you do to your Sprinter today.

JFloFoto

Installed an onboard trickle charger to my starter battery for whenever I hook up to shore power. Also wired in a $10 Chinese RF remote to start auxiliary heater.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Nice job dude...I searched all over for a step was at the on the low side of the receiver....most are straight out from the receiver and built on top which makes the step still too high

Bob
I found the same issue with aftermarket steps, I like making useful stuff, and I enjoy a good design challenge. The step is welded from 3/4” 16 gauge square steel tubing and 13 gauge expanded steel. I welded a tab on either side and mounted to the outside edge of the hitch with 3/8” through bolts. Then I took a 3” square u bolt around the receiver and through the step. It won’t work as bumper but is sturdy enough for every day loading.

somedude

today i started the installation of van compass murphy bed. mocked up and supported L braces for L track positioning. rive nut install begins later in week

and dry fit panel to make the wife happy

and paid for installation of the hitch receiver

D

Deleted member 86082

Threw one of those Rawtek exhausts on the sprinter today. Nice throaty sound and perky too!!

Bob Laps

Got my window in and made a platform so my dog can hang out and look around outside
IMG_6005.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
IMG_6008.jpg
IMG_6010.jpg

It’s even pretty handy when he’s not with me

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Installed coin flooring in cargo hold. Routed flooring for L-Track and D-Rings. Roberts 2310 to glue floor down.

Followed by install of the fabric wall panels and storage benches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Leoricknee

Driving to motion windows for Monday morning install. Marveling at my courage to purchase best AM solar system with 3 160 amp Lithium batteries. Picking up Rixen Espar D5 after. And excited that the conversion is under way after 5 months of planning. I love my new Freightliner 4X4 170 dualie cargo van. A good day in the life of a Sprinter....

Driving to motion windows for Monday morning install. Marveling at my courage to purchase best AM solar system with 3 160 amp Lithium batteries. Picking up Rixen Espar D5 after. And excited that the conversion is under way after 5 months of planning. I love my new Freightliner 4X4 170 dualie cargo van. A good day in the life of a Sprinter....
Do you care to post links to your system components?

Thanks

radair603

Changed my oil today, probably the van’s first ever. Also finished building a headliner shelf and almost finished an overhead cabinet shelf. Lots of woodwork lately.

Top Bottom