What did you do to your Sprinter today.

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Gave them both a blast with the pressure washer and a good rub with a truck brush and some Turtle Wax wash and shine.

Checked for codes in the NCV3 :thumbup:

Therberg

I'm in the middle of installing a new drive shaft with serviceable u-joints.
Tomorrow evenings project is new rotors and pads on all four corners. :thumbup:

You had to ask now...

I'm attempting to pull my injectors. #1 came out. #2 is stuck fast. I'm optimistically spritzing two kinds of P-oil on the base of the injector hoping for soak-in while I wait for the rented puller to arrive.

My plan is to get #2 out, install the new to me rebuilt #1 and #2 injectors, then run the engine up to operating temperature to tackle #3, 4, 5. I'm thinking a now cold engine is not my friend with #2.

The good news is that all the hold down bolts removed OK with no sign of aluminum showing on the threads. Don't let the initial scary "crick" sound worry you when removing them. All of mine did that before coming loose.

I'll feel so much better when all 5 are out (he mused optimistically). vic

Dec. 4, 2020 edit:
I did eventually get all 5 injectors changed out.
Repair:
May 2011 220,000 miles. Dec. 2020 336,000+ miles all still werkin'.

Last edited:

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
I spent some time setting up the new toolboxes so I can load them up for the trip.
I would include a picture but Richard will tell me the Van needs a wash and polish (which it badly does) :laughing:

I was going to mount the Scangauge II properly but I can't find the little bits of velcro that came with it. I think I've already packed them.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I looked at it. I drove it. I remembered my late father's advice about tires.

I swore when I noticed more paint wear at the top of the driver side door jam, where the weather stripping rubs the paint. It's worn through and I see metal.

I remember thinking "hate thin paint" faster and faster in my head until I heard "haint paint."

I looked around for zombies, locked the Sprinter and left parked to fend for itself.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Jon's Valhalla is eternally possessed.We must make amends to restore his faith.:bounce:
Based upon the ceramic equations. of extended hardness.
Richard

cedarsanctum

re: Member
Continued building a drop leaf table with shoe storage under, about the only major thing left to build.
It's about time i can do a write up showing a mostly finished conversion.
Definitely livable.
Jef

Therberg

I'm in the middle of installing a new drive shaft with serviceable u-joints.
Tomorrow evenings project is new rotors and pads on all four corners. :thumbup:
Drive shaft completed, it was definitely the source of the vibration I have been feeling for over a year...
Here are a few pics of the new drive shaft.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Jon's Valhalla is eternally possessed.We must make amends to restore his faith.:bounce:
Based upon the ceramic equations. of extended hardness.
Richard

I haven't lost faith. Sprinters are the best when compared with the actual, reasonable, available alternatives.

Yeah, everything sucks but Sprinters suck the least. Ok?

I still wouldn't sell mine for an economically reasonable offer. That's still true. I'd need to be able to retire off the number of dollars for which I sold it.

I know: It's not romantic.... but I think it's pretty truthful and no small compliment.

-Jon

I just erased the last vestiges of "Dodge" from it's face. Now the only referece to "Dodge" is on the title, I may just have to live with that.

I drove it to work, like I do every weekday. I parked it in the sun, but set my thermostat controlled Fantastic Fan to low exhaust, so when I got into it, it was at ambient temp, which is a good thing in Phoenix.

Yesterday, I rescued it from a group of Mexican landscapers at Home Depot. They were looking at it with lust in their hearts. I just couldn't bear to see it towing a trailer full of grapefruit tree branches. Oh, wait, I do that too, never mind!

Attachments

mackconsult

Can of sea foam in the gas tank, can of sea foam in the crank case, and driving around all day in 3rd gear at 60 MPH :thumbup:

Kat

Katmobile
I cleaned out the latest round of rubble from my conversion and gave her a good vacuuming. Then I removed the lower gray OEM sliding door panel and cut out new plywood panel & installed it (sure looks a lot better!). Then I made a pattern for the upper door panel & traced it onto plywood. Then I dreamed of the day when the batteries & inverter are secured and I can take her out for a spin (It has been way too long since I've had a chance to drive her...). Then I dreamed of the day when my van conversion would be done and I could really go somewhere.

Kat purr.gif

Kat

Katmobile
Gave them both a blast with the pressure washer and a good rub with a truck brush and some Turtle Wax wash and shine.
...I would include a picture but Richard will tell me the Van needs a wash and polish (which it badly does) :laughing:
Since the subject of washing Sprinters came up, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to go about washing one....it's a whole lot taller than my car, and I don't think standing on a 5 gallon bucket will do. My poor Sprinter hasn't been washed since I got her late last year. I don't have a pressure washer, but am thinking I will need at least one ladder...or some scaffolding...or some car wash tools...

Thanks!

Kat

rlent

I pulled all of my gear, personal odds-n-ends, and various other crap out of the cab/sleeper area in preparation for replacing the floor in the sleeper and installing the auxiliary batteries. Still have to remove the "desk", refrigerator/freezer, and bunk, which I'll do today. Changed the oil and removed the one license lamp assembly that the electrical contact had rotted off of so that could be replaced. Oldest son stopped by yesterday and we used the tractor to remove our new 60 gallon, 2 stage air compressor from Harbor Freight out of the rear of the van.

Then we took his '06 2500 down to the body shop and got an estimate on getting the body work done and getting it squirted.

Last edited:

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Oldest son stopped by yesterday and we used the tractor to remove our new 60 gallon, 2 stage air compressor from Harbor Freight out of the rear of the van.
That reminds me... I've got a 2nd tank from Harbor Freight that I've been meaning to plumb into my compressor. I"ve got only enough air in my original tank to take off one wheel before I have to let it sit and fill up again. :shifty: Got the compressor for free from my father-in-law, so i can't complain too much.

Yesterday I washed the Sprinter. Feels good to drive her clean. Drove to one of my son's baseball games with the wife, kids, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and cousins. I love seeing all the seats full. Nothing else compares to the Sprinter. :smirk:

Top Bottom