What did you do to your Sprinter today.

owenfi

2020 Sprinter 2500 170 4x4
How about an outdoor shower? A tarp enclosure if needed
We put it at the back so that all we need for an outdoor shower is a mounting fixture and to open the back door (and probably a grabby arm to reach the controls from the ground). But it also encloses our toilet, so it was the design version of “while you’re in there…(you might as well just put walls around it and have an enclosed shower).” If we had known how many things there would be to think through before getting started it we might’ve gone a different direction,

Bearpaw

This mi
We put it at the back so that all we need for an outdoor shower is a mounting fixture and to open the back door (and probably a grabby arm to reach the controls from the ground). But it also encloses our toilet, so it was the design version of “while you’re in there…(you might as well just put walls around it and have an enclosed shower).” If we had known how many things there would be to think through before getting started it we might’ve gone a different direction,
This might be a good idea!

owenfi

Its pretty stout I did it myself in about 2 hrs. The tip about heating up the plugs before removing them helped a lot.
Looks good!

Im looking for that vinyl stuff to cover my hood to many rock chips and maybe camo vinyl to cover the rocker panels.
We had a shop do clear on the front panels of our van and hood/lights, came to $1260. Had a couple bubbles in one light but they seem to have worked themselves out on their own.

We did the bottom of the side panels and the side rocker panels with black vinyl ourselves and came out with similar quality for $150 vinyl, $50 of plastidip spray, $100 incidentals (including some replacement clips for the rocker panels, get a bunch of those in advance of pulling them). It won’t last as long and there’s a bit of peeling near the wheel well/underneath, which isn’t surprising as it’s pretty dirty/harsh down there.

Lojack72

'02 DIY adventure van, 300K miles (210K by me)
Wrapped the hood & tried to do the brow- saving that project for later as it's tough to work on that high up & antenna is in the way.
If you do this yourself get good film like 3M DiNoc (I did not- used some Vivid film from Amazon for $40/roll) as otherwise it's a pain getting out bubbles. I've still got a few small ones, but it's snow camo on an '02- I'm good.
HoodWrap.jpg

GP1

I tried to order weather tech mats and there was no way they were going to fit. I wound up cutting commercial carpet squares for floor mats.
My wife just purchased the mats from the dealership for $100. I was skeptical at first, but now think they are better than the weathertech set I had in my old van.

126v8

P
Wrapped the hood & tried to do the brow- saving that project for later as it's tough to work on that high up & antenna is in the way.
If you do this yourself get good film like 3M DiNoc (I did not- used some Vivid film from Amazon for $40/roll) as otherwise it's a pain getting out bubbles. I've still got a few small ones, but it's snow camo on an '02- I'm good.
View attachment 193166
nice

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Doors Weather Seal; Clean then treated the rubber seal with a conditioner. Cleaned then waxed the weather seals juxtaposition painted contact surface.
Lubricated the Doors hinges then the Bonnets Hinges, also lubed the Hoods Latch and its release cable.

Last edited:

Stevesteve

Saint Lawrence tip out windows in front. Tip out 1033 bunk windows in rear. Cut the stringer boards for mounting a skorva supported bed in rear for mounting tomorrow (hopefully) after going to the dealer for a brake check due to calipers rusting to rotors. Yippee.

3rd seat wayback on Tuesday and then on for cabinet measure!

owenfi

full sized industrial chemical complex
It’s felt like an industrial complex over here the last couple weeks. We shortened a lot of our aluminum extrusion so we could widen the hallway by a few inches, and milled it so we could use anchors for most of the attachments.

Here it is going back in the van:
62723C23-4E92-4538-B5C6-A95C8E345E07.jpeg

Whoops, wrong photo ;)

Similar vibe though:
D453C47D-27A8-4FD9-947F-81DC9479A110.jpeg

tinman

I installed a Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS DIN 1 radio to replace the Sony unit that died. Installation went fine other than AM weak signal and noise that was quickly fixed after consultation with a Crutchfield tech (unused wired remote connection can also power antenna booster). Still haven't installed the Sirius antenna. The one that came with the package is a magnetic mount, and I'm thinking of installing it on the roof under a plastic single cable gland. I think I'll need a new roof penetration in any case, rather than trying to work around one of the existing ones. Open to suggestion.

Replaced lower striker plastic strip, metal striker for the latch and middle seal. There was a big gap in the middle when the doors were closed, now it's sealed.20210925_123845.jpg

Mrshakedown

Vans really starting to come together.

I’ll add the solar panel in front of the maxair and hopefully one up the side, or two on slides then move inside.

Next year I’ll start with the Owl B2B with large owl box, rear step. I’ll then do the top of the line fully adjustable suspension from Van Compass. Maybe Line-X rockers and all bumpers and it’s done. It’s got full VC skids now and Cascadia hood mount solar panels to keep the batter topped off.

Interior is underway with 100% coverage of Noico and Dynamat.

Still undecided what way to go with electrical. It’s gonna be the fully Monty and 315 heated Lithonics or I’m gonna go simple and go Goal Zero. Fact is I need to be able to fit a full sheet of plywood between the wheel wells with ease. That said not having a massive electrical system hanging off a wheel well and being able to just unplug and remove it is kinda handy.

ADF29136-8DCE-44A0-9AEF-5C07AA01ABB8.jpegDA99B66D-BC57-4BF8-A857-F9D03D12412C.jpeg4FF8391A-B39C-47D7-B8EE-95C921383505.jpeg

Top Bottom