What did you do to your Sprinter today.

P

Patrick walsh

Cleaned it, doesn’t happen often.

The interior has only ever had a leaf blower taken to it. Being a cabinet maker the wood dust is my biggest offender. It actually got vacuumed and blown down with compressed air today and everything cleaned with appropriate cleaners. Looks like new money inside and out.

Roof rack is complete now also. Next is the Maxair instal now that I know I like my roof layout. Just need two dry days.

9EE63A10-3C30-44C7-B43E-033F17F22C15.jpeg3BD17A37-310D-422A-8485-786855ED5A4E.jpeg

Sprinterair

Start a long trip this summer , first long stop was a great camping in the heart of CA/Humboldt Redwood and now in Sedona/AZ for a few days before heading to Texas and FL....so far 1,700 miles 10K more to go aim for this year . T1N runs perfect , normal cruising at 65mph with great mileage average @ 22Mpg ( Diesel in CA is $4.85/Gl). Stopped by Chandler/AZ Benz dealership to p/up new lower turbo cooler hose with clamp because this lower Tbo hose keep popping out when ambient temp at 110 F with full AC on , for some reasons when I pedal throttle turbo kick on real hard then it happen 3Redwood3.jpgRedwood2.jpg times but never happen when ambient below 90F .
My T1N looks like a mini van
Redwood3.jpgRedwood2.jpg

P

Patrick walsh

Small stuff but it’s progress.

Security window screen. It’s pretty nice. I was however disappointed that the pre drilled screw pattern doesn’t even come close to matching that in the CR Lawrence window. Non the less no more leaky sceeen.

5B21E33E-FD34-4F7B-BF23-A68ACA607D10.jpeg

Got my pair of Rolef screens. One was configured wrong, Rolfe promptly sent me a pre paid return label and put a replacement into production. I opted to get both side and back screen with a additional black out panel that also zippers up and down. I love the screens the quality is top notch. However the additional black out panels are kinda lacking in design as the black out panels zip top down and just hang With no way to roll them up tight to keep out of the way. They are designed to just hang. Not at all what I was expecting. Not a deal breaker as they work. If the quality was not so top notch I’d be disappointed. I am however very happy. Sleeping in the van with the doors open and screens down was like sleeping outside. So much fresh air vrs prior.

Well spent money!

B7B02041-B5D8-472F-9CA2-931577107818.jpeg

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Replaced the front drivers side and rear passengers side brake calipers on my 2006. I’m at about 210k and these were both dragging a bit, especially the rear. I’d replaced the other two calipers last year so I’m pretty fresh all around. Only issue was that I’d ordered the wrong rear pads and nobody has them locally, so now I’ve got to wait for those to come in. I put the old pads on the new caliper, they still had about half an inch left so luckily it’s not an emergency.

3dog Scott

I drove my brand new Sprinter to LAX airport to park and fly to Atlanta last week. When I got there I discovered my van is too tall for ALL the parking lots. After I got over the shock I ended up at a Marriott open air lot and free shuttle. Saved my day. Did not even consider this being a problem. Learning curve 101.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
I drove my brand new Sprinter to LAX airport to park and fly to Atlanta last week. When I got there I discovered my van is too tall for ALL the parking lots. After I got over the shock I ended up at a Marriott open air lot and free shuttle. Saved my day. Did not even consider this being a problem. Learning curve 101.
I just park on the tarmac......

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I haven’t been to LAX lately to see all the remodel changes.
Same with nearly all food and coffee ”drive throughs” and most parking structures.
We high roofers are being oppressed and denied access as a group.
Perhaps some may consider staging some sort of #wtf protest there.
Block all traffic with our vans and hold a presser.
Btw I may be a bit late, but promise…. I’ll be there. ?

#highroofsneedparkingtoo
#hrnpt

this thread will self destruct in the event things that were never discussed here happen.

Last edited:

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
I remember going in a 6' parking structure in my pickup. I had to let air out of my tires to clear.
Cool part of a white van, park in the loading zone. But that doesn't work at the airport.

Did you know: LAX was designed to handle nuclear powered aircraft.

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
Driving an over size vehicle requires planning for airports, long-term parking lots, and even many urban parking areas. SeaTac (Seattle-Tacoma) has a terminal parking lot for over height vehicles when picking someone up or dropping off (and you aren't just doing it curbside). They have hourly ($5), daily ($32), and weekly ($149) rates that are the same as the regular parking garage. However, the oversize lot is a lot smaller than the capacity of the parking garage, and the size of the lot was just cut in half due to a construction project:
Parking Alert: The Over-Height parking lot will be reduced by 50% beginning July 26 for 8 weeks due to the installation of the Automated Parking Guidance System. If parking at the airport, it is recommended to drive a vehicle under 6'10". See Project Details Here.
The cloud of parking businesses around SeaTac airport usually have open lots (not garages) so they can typically accommodate over height vehicles, but if you have a 170" wheelbase (and especially if you have the extended body) then it is a good idea to call and ask about parking based on vehicle length as well.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
yes, it’s the mat and worth every penny… works great even in Alaskan Winters as far as insulation, adds some sound deadening too…
Just looked into it, looks like a good product and a time saver. And it’s even the right color for my build.
Did you order it direct from BedRug, or find a better deal somewhere else?
Also, what did you fill your floor channels with? One pic on website sprinter page shows the product has the ribs, but a note on page indicates they are flat, which a cs rep there confirmed.
(NOTE: Liner is flat on bottom, not ribbed)

Attachments

Last edited:

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Ordered direct and had it shipped to the MB Dealer to hold for me (saved on shipping to Ak, great Salesman ! was nice having it for my January drive up the Alcan) till I flew down from Ak to Seattle to pickup my Van... There are punch outs in it to fit the different floors, my Cargo has a flat wooden floor and the mat is flat on both sides...

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Spiffied up the front.
While replacing a bulb in the headlight last month, the bulb fell inside.
Today got the round tiut and pulled it out to shake it upside down.
So repainted the headlight Ls. Glued the CDI on to the grill. The 316 broke off long ago,that's all I have.

Attachments

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, there are remote lots with shuttles, such as The Parking Spot.

fireball05

Newly arrived 2021 144HR 4x4 passenger
Finally got our van on Wednesday! Started with a few small things: installed the weathertech front floor mat and visors and the Terra Wagen hood spoiler. Getting the front windows tinted on Tuesday and ordered up a few other storage and organizational goodies this weekend.

AB24F81F-C505-4484-91B3-76B2FFB8FD27.jpeg

Top Bottom