What did you do to your Sprinter today.

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Air. For a longtime I've been kicking the tires as they looked low. They were.
Now they are aired back to what the sticker on the door column calls out.
: F 61psi. Dual R 55psi. Spare 61.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Replaced my fuel filter on my ‘06. Had to make a run to the parts store for new hose clamps, the old ones had seen better days. Let the fuel pump run for about 30 seconds and she fired right up.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Took my 2004 UK spec for it's annual roadworthiness test (MOT) on Friday and it passed with flying colours! But then again it has only done 36,000 miles from new and a mere 140 miles in the last year due to all these damned lockdowns!

Let's hope we can use it a bit more this year!

Keith.

Last edited:

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Not today but about a week ago I installed the Terrawagen hood spoiler. Easypeezy. But I don’t recommend attempting the install while inebriated. Otherwise you may not get it lined up perfectly with the ridge in the center your hood.
? ???‍♂??‍♂

A few nights later I was north of LA and it was snowing while I was driving 40-50mph... and I thought I might be in a parallel universe. The snow was clearly visible everywhere - and in my headlights angling right toward me, but was not hitting my windshield at all. Honest.... no wipers needed.
Apparently I had the 3P’s happening: the perfect speed, perfect snow consistency, and at the perfect angle to go right over the windshield.
Imagine a world where snow doesn’t impact your windshield, even though it’s falling all around you.
Welcome to the Twilight zone.
I was actually somewhat amazed at the experience.
So anyway I guess the lip on the spoiler does have some effect on the air envelope over the van ??

We’ll see if it reduces the number if insects attempting martyrdom on my windshield this summer.

Yesterday I installed Van Compass Hood Line light pod mounts I picked up at Agile recently. Beautiful quality pieces, and the quickest install of anything I’ve put on the Sprinter. Literally 2 minutes to install the pair!

Next up (order may vary):
1) Lights for the above mentioned (deciding clear or amber).
2) Van Compass rear differential skid plate recently picked up from Shoreline Motoring in Huntington Beach.
[Btw They have a couple BADASS looking NCV3 Sprinter sema show builds there! ]
3) Aluminess nerf bar side steps.
4) A VERY LOUD horn to wake people tF up when they’re drivin’ lame.
No more MB/Yugo horn. Seriously MB wtf is up with the wimpy factory horns on sprinters. I’m pretty sure the horn on the Dumb and Dumber minibike is louder.

Attachments

Last edited:

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
After I finished up my fuel filter, Amazon delivered this: Vanku 10.1" Single Din Android 10... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D3JVV9G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share 10” touch screen with auto dimming, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, backup camera interface, and wireless CarPlay with the right dongle. This comes with a gps antenna, WiFi antenna, remote microphone, and the wiring harness plugs right into the Sprinters socket without need for a wiring adapter. All for about $250. I had to retune my amplifier as this unit is only 45w per channel (about half the output of my old head unit) but my little 400w amp does a great job of bumping up the output and providing clear, clean sound.

Attachments

Jan M

I changed the center roller on the sliding door. Stripped the threads on the bolt and embedded nut when torquening it so I had to make a quick fix with a M10 bolt and a nut on the inside. Hopefully it will hold - otherwise the old roller goes back on.

parkgt

2007 Great West Van on 2006 2500 T1N
Put a Pioneer AVH-3500NEX receiver in. Nice to have Car Play and Navigation integrated into a 1DIN unit with a disappearing touch screen.

Sprinterair

Put a Pioneer AVH-3500NEX receiver in. Nice to have Car Play and Navigation integrated into a 1DIN unit with a disappearing touch screen.
Do you have power amp for it and any sub woofer installed during this time ?
Got the same job done with upgraded two dash speakers ( KOVE audio 4" ) but sound is like missing a deep bass , I am running out of space for sub or powered amp.

Sprinterair

Planning to hit the road by the end of this Mar/2021 for next 2 months : Utah-Colorado and Wyoming it could be more than 4K miles plus road trip, my newly rebuilt engine has more than 4K miles on 1st oil as breakin and have to be changed during trip when it reaches 7K miles as planned for which I don't like any lube shop on the road performs this but myself, What should I do ? Our engine spec oil is mucho dineros and it going wasted if I change now too.

parkgt

2007 Great West Van on 2006 2500 T1N
Do you have power amp for it and any sub woofer installed during this time ?
Got the same job done with upgraded two dash speakers ( KOVE audio 4" ) but sound is like missing a deep bass , I am running out of space for sub or powered amp.
Previously replaced dash speakers and then later built door speaker housings for 6" speakers. No amp or sub. Plenty of volume in our RV.

Attachments

Eric B

Not so much what I DID to my Sprinter today ...

driving home after a long day, 15min from home, on the 5 North to 110 North connector in Cypress Park (just East of downtown LA), and out of the corner of my eye I spy someone waving on the overpass I am about to go under and ... BAM !

Didn’t see it until it was inches from the windshield

From what I could tell in that brief instant, whatever was hucked at me was about 6-8” in diameter, left some red marks on the glass, and bounced off in to the bushes...

Couldn’t stop right there - traffic behind at 60mph

Knew I’d never track down the a&&hole

<sigh> ... some people out there ... waste of space they are ...

ONLY positive things are that the A pillar, fender, and hood didn’t get hit, nor did the airbags deploy ...

Attachments

Last edited:

Sprinterair

Not so much what I DID to my Sprinter today ...

driving home after a long day, 15min from home, on the 5 North to 110 North connector in Glassell Park (just East of downtown LA), and out of the corner of my eye I spy someone waving on the overpass I am about to go under and ... BAM !

Didn’t see it until it was inches from the windshield

From what I could tell in that brief instant, whatever was bucked at me was about 6-8” in diameter, left some red marks on the glass, and bounced off in to the bushes...

Couldn’t stop right there - traffic behind at 60mph

Knew I’d never track down the a&&hole

<sigh> ... some people out there ... waste of space they are ...

ONLY positive thing are that the A pillar, fender, and hood didn’t get hit, nor did the airbags deploy ...
That was a real SOB .cost you deductible $$ but ya safe anyway..

ENMeyer

I finally addressed a few nagging issues and she's looking very good, considering I'm at 180k miles:

- oil change
- fuel filter change (seems to be running quieter..... placebo or real?)
- replaced grille as the old one was all smashed in due to an 80 mph collision with an owl
- bought hub covers since my tire guy lost two of them

It's fun working on these vans!

Van-demic

I did the Vantop front/rear rear view mirror camera system (game changer) and bright orange shackles on my otherwise very gray van.

ScottWCO

I picked up a pair of windows to go in the slider door and the panel opposite, and tried installing my new-used climate control module. Gotta go address stuck steel cables before I call that done.

Top Bottom