Our Blacked Out 2008 Kid (and G-Parent) Hauler >>

935dc

Recently sold our Escalade ESV and picked up this low roof 144" WB for weekend duties. I usually mod my "weekend/toy" cars, so this was no exception. Basically went with a blacked out theme. Did the MB grille/badging conv, blk running boards, alloys were swapped with the OEM black steelies, and I tinted out the front drvr & pass windows to match the rear privacy glass. The goofy white ac unit stuck out (UGLY!), so I had the rear ac unit wrapped in matte black. Def looks 10 X better imo :)

All in all we are LOVING the Sprinter. I don’t think there is another vehicle that is capable of moving up to 12 people comfortably and with style. Only wish is that the side door was powered and of course a 4x4 model was available. I also keep setting the cc when i want to engage my turn signal...lol!

It def turns heads and have had plenty of folks approach to inquire if it’s a Govt vehicle (ie SWAT van) pretty often :)

here are a few pics.

I’ve got addnl stuff (bu camera, headunit, dvds, etc) going in soon, so ill update as I get them on. :cheers:

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
search: ncv3 headlight upgrades, diy is under 400.00

I removed all the emblems and blacked the 3 point mb's front and rear and the front plate mount

Last edited:

935dc

Some pics of the MB visor. Sourced from Chris and installed at MB dealer. Install was more than part lol! :thinking:

Loaded up the van for relaxing sat afternoon picnic & winetasting with some friends:)
Needless to say we are LOVING the sprinter! :cheers:

more to follow...

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
looks really nice the black theme.wheels look great why not paint the merc star black too?:hmmm:

wildimaginations

Wild Imaginations
Really nice what you did. Avoid driving around bad neighborhoods as your van might be mistaken for a law enforcement vehicle. But if you want to have fun, dress up like a Secret Service agent with the black suit and tie, sunglasses and a wired earpiece. You will stand out!!!

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Looks good, particularly black with privacy tints.

The ride comfort of that wheelbase is good and generally the NCV3 steering feedback is one of its nice "features" which is excellent for both you and your passengers really.

Keep us updated as the project develops please!

bignose13

I love the look of your van...where did you get the running boards from? i am having a hard time finding them like yours that run long on 'both' sides instead of a shorty on the drivers side?

Recently sold our Escalade ESV and picked up this low roof 144" WB for weekend duties. I usually mod my "weekend/toy" cars, so this was no exception. Basically went with a blacked out theme. Did the MB grille/badging conv, blk running boards, alloys were swapped with the OEM black steelies, and I tinted out the front drvr & pass windows to match the rear privacy glass. The goofy white ac unit stuck out (UGLY!), so I had the rear ac unit wrapped in matte black. Def looks 10 X better imo :)

All in all we are LOVING the Sprinter. I don’t think there is another vehicle that is capable of moving up to 12 people comfortably and with style. Only wish is that the side door was powered and of course a 4x4 model was available. I also keep setting the cc when i want to engage my turn signal...lol!

It def turns heads and have had plenty of folks approach to inquire if it’s a Govt vehicle (ie SWAT van) pretty often :)

here are a few pics.

I’ve got addnl stuff (bu camera, headunit, dvds, etc) going in soon, so ill update as I get them on. :cheers:

935dc

I love the look of your van...where did you get the running boards from? i am having a hard time finding them like yours that run long on 'both' sides instead of a shorty on the drivers side?
Thanks! I contacted my installer for the specifics on the running boards so ill let you know.

I had the MB BU Cam and new D-DIN headunit installed but havent gotten around to pics yet. Got to use it on vacation last week and its worth every penny. Best upgrade thus far :thumbup:

935dc

the upgrades continue...

Finally got around to taking some pics of the MB Backup camera and replacement to my OEM Sound 20.

Went with all-in-one Alpine INA-W910BT in-dash 7" unit to handle the duties. I've had great exp with Alpine before, so went with it again. Has all the goodies like NAV/GPS, Bluetooth, CD/DVD, Pandora, IPOD, HD Radio, etc. The unit serves as the monitor for the OEM MB Backup Camera (thanks Chris!) and triggers when reverse is engaged. Got the override on the GPS system to program in motion and my steering wheel buttons are integrated to control the source, track, etc.

Got it installed before a 1000 mile trip for vacation, and LOVE IT! Boot up time is VERY fast and the IPOD controls (search/play) are unbelievably fast. Almost as quick as the IPOD itself! The MB backup camera view is perfect and really allows you to park with ease and navigate safely, esp around the parking lots where kids may be around, etc. NAV/GPS is great as well. Im able to have my IPOD menu up while displaying NAV in a smaller window on the same screen...very helpful. Also shows me the speed limit on all the roads, which is nice esp on those smaller roads where the limit changes w/o you realizing it. Lots more to read up on, but it does what I need for now. :D:

All in all the BEST upgrade thus far! :thumbup:

Switched out color to amber to match interior lighting at night. You can choose b/t blue, green, red, and amber which is nice. :thumbup:

next up...who knows :cheers:

shanemac

I gotta admit i'am pretty jealous.... real nice job on everything so far....that viewing angle of that rear camera shot is perfect.

935dc

where did you get the running boards from?
installer said Westin brand

I gotta admit i'am pretty jealous.... real nice job on everything so far....that viewing angle of that rear camera shot is perfect.
Thanks. Im used to the straight-back view on backup cams in my other vehicles, so i was surprised at how perfect the the top-down angle is.

Question about that Alpine unit.. where does it get it's "Pandora stream" from?
You gotta plug in your Iphone, so same as that. Then use the HU as the interface to control app

Trekker

Trekker
next up...who knows :cheers:
Have you upgraded your factory speakers yet? I trashed my paper OEM speakers and installed components and Dynamat in the front doors. Huge difference! :thumbup: And does the GPS run on Garmin, TomTom or Alpine's house software?

935dc

Have you upgraded your factory speakers yet? I trashed my paper OEM speakers and installed components and Dynamat in the front doors. Huge difference! :thumbup: And does the GPS run on Garmin, TomTom or Alpine's house software?
still have factory speakers, but im sure the speaker upgrades you did would be nice:rad:. i cant seem to hear anything with the kids talking in the back anyway, so headrest monitors are prob more priority for now. anyone got recommendtions?

as for the gps, id assume its alpines own sw.

Top Bottom