Our Blacked Out 2008 Kid (and G-Parent) Hauler >>

935dc

Where did you get the faceplate for around the radio?

cheers and thanks,
Edward
Edward - No idea, I dropped it off and it was installed. Id think they are pretty standard for decent audio place or maybe ask Crutchfield. Im scheduled to get some addnl A/V stuff, so Ill inquire on it as well. :thumbup:

Geek

I think I'm going to try a Pioneer "appradio" in mine - it is the same shape/format of a unit.. but I have to find a source for a face plate. I'd appreciate hearing what you find. :cheers:

935dc

Still loving the "bus" as my kids call it. Lots of roadtrips in style and comfort. I cant believe how many ppl ask about this thing. Had it over a year now, and i think its the longest ive ever kept a car...lol! :thumbup:

anyone tow a Rhino or similar? Looking to add tow hitch soon. ive got two other SUVs for towing, but want to use the Sprinter for the space.

qwk pic along with some of the other toys. notice my 2 y/o buckled in and ready to hit the trails :laughing:

Did you buy it with black wheels or had it done? If you had it done... did DIY?

Tony - Those are factory blk steelies from what i understand. If you want to DIY, just go get some blk Plasti-dip. Very easy to black out anything.

935dc

Front camera installed :thumbup:

Wife kept saying how difficult it was to "judge" the leading edge of the front bumper, esp when parking. My shop installed a front facing camera and ran the output to the Alpine head-unit. The MB rear camera is the default (switch off), and we can engage the front camera anytime via the dash panel switch.

I may change the cam to the Kenwood multi-view (wide, corner, straight) model later and perhaps change the switch to OEM, but it works fantastic day/night. Hated having my van hanging out of a spot only to realize I still had another foot or so avail. No longer have get out and check:)
------------
Cam swivels as desired. Here its angled to provide view of the leading edge front bumper (front license plate cover).

Switch is very easy to find and engage.

Fwiw, the pylon is about 1 foot high.

TexasSprinter

Does it have standard issue bench seats and interior? I'm fairly new to the Sprinter Forum and am considering a purchase of a Sprinter for daily or at least frequent driving. Have 4 small kids and ideally would like camper van but haven't figured out yet how to get everything into 144 wheelbase.

935dc

Does it have standard issue bench seats and interior? I'm fairly new to the Sprinter Forum and am considering a purchase of a Sprinter for daily or at least frequent driving. Have 4 small kids and ideally would like camper van but haven't figured out yet how to get everything into 144 wheelbase.
Its a 12-passenger with 2-3-3-4 seating config. If you need a camper with all the outdoor stuff, then get a camper. My van is strictly for road trips and weekends to shuttle all the kids, friends, grandparents, etc. Our recent trip to Myrtle Beach we had it packed to the gills and it really does hold a TON of stuff, esp if you utilize the underseat storage and the huge area behind the last row. Absolutely love it!

Here is the interior. The two rows behind the driver are nice in that the outboard seats have latch for car seats.

We have 3 young kids and will have 3 Recaros in there as soon as the youngest (3 months) can fit in one :)

TexasSprinter

Thanks for the info. Camping may be more of a fantasy given our hectic schedules so a passenger van like that may be in our future.

Hptulsa

seems we have similar vans...i'm wondering what size tires/wheels you have and if you are happy with the 'ride' as far as bumps, etc...i don't have much weight in mine and my 18" wheels/tires seem more suitable to a heavier van...

how about your road noise?

Dingo

For the best finish , have the tyres removed & take them to a powder coater .
They will media blast your rims & then coat them as you want, any colour & any finish i.e. matt / satin / gloss , Some powder coaters in the UK have used a coating that gives a "frosted " finish . Now that looked very different from the norm .

By having your rims blasted first the coating adheres better & remove all & any corrosion on the bead area of the rim , that can cause air to leak away , so you maintain a more constant air pressure in your tyres . Better for you & your tyres

:professor:

935dc

8 Year Update in 2021 LOL!

Still loving our Sprinter and got a few more updates recently.

Five (5) Method Racing 701s 17x7.5 Black Wheels 6x130 (+50)
Five (5) Toyo Tires Open Country A/T III 245/70R17
Owl NCV3 Rear Tire Carrier

Installed the Owl Rear Carrier myself. I'm not very handy, but amazingly enough was able to install it. Probably would have taken a proficient person 30 min, but 4hrs later it was finally on lol. Very high quality, solid piece and looks fantastic!

The MR701s went on and had an alignment done. Love the new look and ride with the Toyo OCs is very comfortable. I notice a bit more road noise than before, but that is to be expected. Cheers!

Spr01.jpg
Spr02.jpg
spr03.jpg
Sprwheels01.jpg

owenfi

2020 Sprinter 2500 170 4x4
What’s your mileage after the last 8 years (did you buy it new)? Always fun to see an update after a good amount of time. Looks super clean and sharp.

Top Bottom