Dodge Sprinter Service OEM CD Manual 2007-2009 Models

wmlog

I have a CD - DaimlerChrysler Corporation Dodge 2006 VA (2006 & Earlier) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-06070CD (Dodge TechAuthority - $88.00) with material applicable to all VA Sprinters. The Service Manual has 1458 pages, including wiring diagrams and schematics, the body section has 312 pages, the chassis section has 94 pages, the powertrain section has 292 pages, and the transmission section has 144 pages. I have collected a large number of other valuable VA applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. Using the Service Manual is like looking up material in a hard copy shop manual - all pages can be readily printed out in a .pdf format.

I have another CD - Dodge TechAuthority Publication 2007 VB (2007 & Later) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-07070CD (Dodge TechAuthority - $206.00) with material applicable to all (2007 & later) VB Sprinters. This Service Manual is the same data that the Sprinter Technician refers to on his computer at the repair shop and covers Dodge, Mercedes-Benz, and Freightliner Sprinters from 2007 model year to 2009 model year, as well as the majority of repair operations on later models. The Service Manual does not cover the Bluetec system and the changes to the engine emissions system on 2010 and later Sprinters, but does cover the transmission, brakes, body, other electronics, major engine mechanical, etc. For 2007-2009 models, this CD is complete coverage of all repairs, tests, and wiring diagrams. This Service Manual was produced in 2007, but Sprinters had no significant changes from 2007 through 2009. Dodge apparently removed some data from 2008 and later Service Manual CDs.

All pages of the service manual and the wiring diagrams can be readily printed out.

I have collected a large number of other valuable VB applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD.

Please PM me to discuss the availability of this material at a very reasonable cost.

:thumbup:

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I purchased one of these CDs and now it won't work with the wonderful new Internet Explorer versions. I hadn't used the CD for a year or two and when I went to do so, nothing shows up when I click on the left-nav links. Anyone know of a way to get it to work with newer IE versions?

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
You need to put your IE 9/10/11 in "compatibility" mode.

New with version 11, you can't specify anything but "http://<something>" to assure IE renders server content in compatibility mode.

My first work around was to toss up an apache server on linux, copy the entire directory tree of the CD into the docs directory and point IE at http://mylinuxserver/default.htm

Dick (autostaretx) suggested I download http://www.wampserver.com/en/ and point the web service on my PC at the a copy of the CD directory tree.

Let us know if you find a better solution.

-Jon

Here's how I fixed it for IE 11: Go to Control Panel, then Updates, find the IE 11 update, and tell Windows to remove it. This took me back to IE 8. After configuring IE 8 and reinstalling the SVG viewer, the service manual works again.

I was lucky that my previous IE was version 8, and I hadn't deleted the info to allow return to it. It's exactly for "improvements" like this that I keep automatic updates turned off. I use IE only for the service manual, so I don't care that I have an older version.

In researching this, the info I found was that prior to IE9, some "incorrect" web coding was allowed to run. By the time IE 11 came around, Microsoft felt that all web pages should have been fixed by now, so they removed the capability to run the browser globally in "compatibility" mode. As noted above, you can still run individual web sites in compatibility mode, but you're not allowed to specify something that doesn't have a "proper" (i.e. http:\\, etc.) web address. In other words, if you have IE 11, you're screwed. Thanks Microsoft for taking a few hours out of my life again with "improvements".

Last edited:

Daystar

Here is the latest and greatest, thanks to DieselFumes who did a beautiful job converting it, it does not require IE, any browser will work, and if you want to view wiring diagrams, it requires SVG capability.

Download it, extract it, run default.htm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19672761/Sprinter%202007.zip
Thanks for passing this on. I am not sure that I am using it correctly. I did download, extract, and opened "default.htm". Is there anyway to have index capability to make it easier to find the page you want to use? I ran the "index.htm" but just got a blank page.

Also, how do I get the SVG capability? I am using Windows 10.

Thanks for your help.

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Thanks for passing this on. I am not sure that I am using it correctly. I did download, extract, and opened "default.htm". Is there anyway to have index capability to make it easier to find the page you want to use? I ran the "index.htm" but just got a blank page.

Thanks for your help.
It is converted from an old XP IE version, so I doubt every feature is going to work. For me SVG does not work in Firefox, but it does work in Google chrome. You might be able to get an add on to view SVG images?

I am using Linux, so not sure about Win 10? But it should work in any browser.

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
I'm using Win 10.

The wiring diagrams do not show when I use the Edge browser, but seem OK (I only 'sampled' a few) when using Chrome. I haven't tried Firefox.

DieselFumes

2015 4x4 2500 170 Crew

Thanks for your help.
There is no index other than the list of pages. Index.htm is not an index. Showing the list of pages expanded by default was a nasty hack but it works. You can search for a term on the page and the term will be highlighted in that list of pages.

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
A fully-indexed, searchable PDF version is also in being built.

Still working out some formatting/pagination kinks.. will share when it's ready.

A little preview:
nag1_scaled.png

marc64

Here is the latest and greatest, thanks to DieselFumes who did a beautiful job converting it, it does not require IE, any browser will work, and if you want to view wiring diagrams, it requires SVG capability.

Download it, extract it, run default.htm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19672761/Sprinter%202007.zip
hi, i downloaded, extracted, but unfortunately i am stuck now as i am not that clever with computers, when i right click and open i just get lists of stuff i am not sure about, i read others say there are index issues, any advice on how to go forward and actually use the manual? am using win7 system, really would be most appreciated for any advice,
thanks everyone

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
hi, i downloaded, extracted, but unfortunately i am stuck now as i am not that clever with computers, when i right click and open i just get lists of stuff i am not sure about, i read others say there are index issues, any advice on how to go forward and actually use the manual? am using win7 system, really would be most appreciated for any advice,
thanks everyone
Click on default.htm

Top Bottom