Sometimes still

Sometimes windy

Sometimes crowded

Sometimes not

And Juncalito near Loreto

it's nice there too

mackconsult

1hen2ducks,

We got to hook up down there together. I have my XR600R that I would bring ..... also I would bring my small boat and motor for some fresh fish taco's :thumbup:.

That looks so cool .....:drool:

teamtexas

A Dad owner with a '03
1 hen is that an actual awning or something different. I don't see the big box at the van when its extended?:hmmm:

Dan

1hen2ducks

2006 SHC & DAD owner
The awning I made from 25 ft of 60/40 shade cloth cut in half and sewn together with a 3/8"rope around the edge. I put grommets wherever seemed appropriate. A special awning bolt-rope is along the van side and it slides into a track made of white hard rubber.
The poles are Zip-Poles usually used by construction crews as sheet plastic dust wall supports when working in occupied buildings.
The whole thing comes off and rolls up nice; it lays alongside the bed with other long stuff.
The shade cloth is porous so wind goes right through it. No problems with blowing away or destroying itself while I'm out diving.

no box

Do you know of any repair stations for sprinters along the Baja length that can service sprinters if there is a problem? I would like to get back to the tip and would like to know where I can get service if I need it.

1hen2ducks

2006 SHC & DAD owner
Service in Baja ? I don't know of any particular place although there might be service in both Ensenada and/or La Paz for Mercedes and Sprinters as well. There are a lot of Mexican owned Sprinters driving the Baja highway.
I take my DAD and appropriate tools and go.

MRDI will probably have a clue.

Mike

H2o-Bar

Not sure about what kind of service to expect but there's a Mercedes Dealer on the north side of Cabo (Hwy 19). It's on the right side as you come into town.

After spending the last month "back-north" I wish I was also back on the Baja.
Looking good 1hen2ducks.

mackconsult

That is exactly what I am doing. Two spares, tire inflation kit, extra parts, and tools.

Service in Baja ? I don't know of any particular place although there might be service in both Ensenada and/or La Paz for Mercedes and Sprinters as well. There are a lot of Mexican owned Sprinters driving the Baja highway.
I take my DAD and appropriate tools and go.

MRDI will probably have a clue.

Mike

KL2BE

Love the pictures :clapping: ; we took Mom & Dad (70s) and 4 kids (14-22) to Mulege for Christmas 1996 and had the best holiday season of our lives :rad:. Got 5 hotel rooms in the middle of town for $20/night apiece; bet its gone up :idunno:.
Be sure to get a guide (hopefully Salvador is still around and guiding :thumbup:) and hike to the petroglyphs :cheers:.
I am curious about the crowds. Beaches were full of camping rigs and pulapas all the way north to Santa Roselita and south to Bahia Concepcion in those days. Did you have to make an effort to get a picture that makes the place look so deserted or have the crowds been reduced?
We have been thinking of taking a trip there since buying our Sprinter and have wanted some currant intel on conditions.
Thanks a million; would be great to have more pictures (including some that show the extent of competition for beach space) and comments on conditions when you return :popcorn:.

Chasqui

Really enjoyed your pics, brings back good memories. A buddy and I stopped in Mulege on our way down to Cabo in our bikes (GSs). Liked the town, loved Bahia de Concepcion, it was deserted when we were there (Oct '09). I want to take my wife in the Sprinter there.

What kind of diesel fuel did you find? Mine is a 2008 Sprinter that needs ULSD. The fuel reports are all over the place.

1hen2ducks

2006 SHC & DAD owner
Yes, fuel reports ARE all over the place.
It wasn't in my agenda to look for ULSD signs and I'm not sure I would believe them anyway.

Did I ever tell you about the time the gas chick put Unleaded gas into my labeled DIESEL fuel tank ?

Another time maybe, over a couple of Coronas.

Mike

Top Bottom