Why is there no water tank to fit perfectly under the sprinter side areas, or IS there?

Airtime

That 16 gallon tank in post #16 is a nice tank, I would have used that if available when I was building. Instead I used the NW Conversions 11g tank in that space under the slider. They include straps and hardware too.
https://nwconversions.com/product/11-gallon-sprinter-undercarriage-water-tank-sp-uc-11/

I see they now also have a 22g tank that is 46" long and 9.5" high that could be another option for driver side, not sure if already mentioned:
https://nwconversions.com/product/22-gallon-sprinter-undercarriage-water-tank-sp-uc-22/
46" is a good length to leave room for plumbing, and 9.5" high may be a little below the pinch weld but still pretty reasonable.

vteccred

1000015393.jpg

I was in the same predicament. I have a 2017 coachmen galleria , purchased and fitted the 47 fuel tank, which forced me to modify the whole plumbing system underneath.

My goal was to use all avaliable space. Another concern, the tanks had "hold itself" to van's frame. No additional steel framing.

My fresh water is a 32 gallon under the driverside , from the diesel fill all the way back till the main cross frame. The gray tank ( passenger side ) is a 17 gallon and a 3 gallon auxiallry tank (driverside)
Both are tied together to equalize.

---- don't judge my welding skills, self taught ... 20220610_184335 (1).jpg20220610_184121 (1).jpg20220610_184335 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 20220610_184149 (1).jpg
    20220610_184149 (1).jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 3

Mr. Bills

Raconteur Emeritus
While under my van yesterday it occurred to me that though there are certainly tanks that can fit in this area, I have not seen any that are molded to conform to the underside of this area, or the drivers side area.
I’m talking about totally fitting into the recess areas and not hanging down below the van.
. . . I know there are many that have tanks in this area, but all I have seen hang down below the pinch weld. That is way less than ideal especially if one goes off road.
None of the tanks I’ve seen make use of the recessed areas, which is then wasted space.

S&B manufactures and sells water tanks for both drivers and passenger sides. $299 USD. Neither hangs below the pinch weld and the passenger side tank appears to utilize some of the recessed areas.

Passenger side, 16 gal. (Same tank/part # as sold by Vanlife Outfitters shown in post #16):

1711464347458.png

Driver's side, 22 gal. (Same tank and part # as the tank sold by Vanlife Outfitters in Post #16):
1711464474844.png

blutow

S&B manufactures and sells water tanks for both drivers and passenger sides. $299 USD. Neither hangs below the pinch weld and the passenger side tank appears to utilize some of the recessed areas.

Passenger side, 16 gal. (Same tank/part # as sold by Vanlife Outfitters shown in post #16):

View attachment 298666

Driver's side, 22 gal. (Same tank and part # as the tank sold by Vanlife Outfitters in Post #16):
View attachment 298667

These are nice tanks, especially if you are looking for option on passenger side. A bit of a premium over the class A custom tank for the driver's side, but the mounting hardware/approach is probably worth the premium.

Top Bottom