Inverter problem…I think

14 Agile

I am new to the form and new to inverters. I just bought a used 2014 agile. I have the original Microgreen, 3000 W inverter. My outlets only have power only if I’m plugged into my house or use the generator. The inverter shows 120 V in, 120 V out when plugged to shore power. It shows 120 V output, zero input of course when not plugged in but I don’t have any AC power. Could the inverter say that it’s has output and not really be outputting? Is there something else I should be checking?
Thanks
Shawn

Last edited:

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Is your battery switch turned on when you check to see if you have 120VAC from the inverter? Power comes from the batteries to the inverter, then gets "inverted" to 120VAC.

45Kevin

Yes, check on the condition of your house batteries.

Your van is about 10 years old. If the batteries are original they are most likely due to be replaced.

14 Agile

Yes, check on the condition of your house batteries.

Your van is about 10 years old. If the batteries are original they are most likely due to be replaced.

Batteries are good, outputting 12Vs. Good at input to Inverter too. I plugged in a light to backside of inverter and it lights up when plugged into house power but don’t light up when not plugged in to house even when inverter says 120V output
Is your battery switch turned on when you check to see if you have 120VAC from the inverter? Power comes from the batteries to the inverter, then gets "inverted" to 120VAC.
Do you mean the switch that turn on the interior lights? If so yes. Or is there another switch?

45Kevin

Batteries are good, outputting 12Vs. Good at input to Inverter too. I plugged in a light to backside of inverter and it lights up when plugged into house power but don’t light up when not plugged in to house even when inverter says 120V output

Do you mean the switch that turn on the interior lights? If so yes. Or is there another switch?

Regardless of the output mode (120V) if you have no input (regardless of 12 or 120) you will not get any output power.
This is just my semi-educated opinion, but did you do a load test on your house batteries?

The other possibility is the load transfer switch is stuck in the shore power position.

vmoberg

I have a similar issue where everything checks out but the inverter outlets behind the television and beside the Murphy bed aren’t getting power. No fault light in, 12 plus charging the batteries, manufacturer says it’s likely an in-line fuse, which I can’t locate, not in main fuse box by refrigerator, though, manufacturer says. Any suggestions to try?

Top Bottom