fitting shower waste within a larger plastic conduit --?

FMMM

Planning on fitting a plastic shower tray and wondering if I could/should fit the waste within a larger plastic conduit -- that way if the waste leaks the there's another pipe to prevent a leak?

Think I noticed a video along those lines - anyone done something like that?

Thanks

Franny

2005 T1N 158
That sounds like a lot of work, plus if it leaks a little it’ll just end up on the ground?

Our gray water tank is inside the van, so I use a sump pump mounted on a shelf under the van and pump into the gray tank. Makes low drain plumbing so much easier not having to rely on gravity, and using vinyl reinforced clear hose requires no elbows.

Even if the gray tank Is mounted underneath this pump may still come in handy, as the shower sometimes isn’t near where the tank gets mounted.

It’s been working great for 3 years. It has a float built in; I ran another switched 12v direct to the motor so it can be manually turned on to further drain it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NCLNNQM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_dp_J3A1ZMBCR2FTJ5ZXJAR5

farnham

I am using a 4.5 ft long plastic waste water conduit with a diameter of 8in under the sliding door's step. I has about 40 liters of usable volume and works fine for me. Very easy to attach with the standard steel brackets after some bending, as there are pre-drilled holes in the floor cross members for M10 rivnuts/plusnuts. The pipe is completely concealed under the door step, so it does not reduce the ground clearance.

Last edited:

FMMM

Very easy to attach with the standard steel brackets after some bending, as there are pre-drilled holes in the floor cross members for M10 rivnuts/plusnuts.
Thanks - sounds like a useful option - might be the same space @Graphite Dave used for waste tank on his Sprinter?
Do you have a link to the "standard steel brackets" - the ones that come to mind are used here (UK) to hold 8in/200mm underfloor gas cylinders.

Top Bottom