Help - 2020 VS30 will not start - electrical?

paulf992

Drove my VS30 300 miles in CA yesterday. Went to start it this morning. Nothing happens when pushing start button. Will not lock or unlock no lights on the dash, will not go itno accessory mode. Cab OH light works and tail lights work, no headlights. I have 12.56 volts under the hood on the jumper terminals. Tried jumping it with no change i nstatus. No clicks or whirs under the hood. ODC Reader shows fail on all tests, I assume because no accesorry mode? Huge CA rains yesterday maybe EIS sensor or other condensation issue, however then it usually starts but will not drive. Any ideas for diagnosis or fix would be appreciated.

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
First try a MIcrosoft reset - unplug the ground cable near the footfeed and wait 30 secs and then reconnect.

paulf992

I would try this too.. if for nothing else but laughs and giggles when it works.. :)
I tried the Battery Cable removal (MS Reboot) 10 minutes disconnected. The instrument panel came partially back with a message "Emergency mode" door locks worked but the rig still would not start. IT got towed to MB but at 32K I believe I am out of warranty. I am hoping they will treat it as warranty and cover it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Vangrant

Your factory warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles "bumper to bumper", and 5 years/100,000 powertrain warranty.

Given the symptoms, I would suspect a corroded EIS module, but it could also be a loose relay/connection somewhere.

98Firebird

I've had a few where the EIS goes totally dead like this, I think one actually didn't even have condensation damage/corrosion. That's what I'd put my money on.

fireball05

Newly arrived 2021 144HR 4x4 passenger
Isn't there a writeup somewhere that details a suggestion on wrapping or protecting the EIS module?

Top Bottom