Which Scan tool for a 2020 USA Sprinter???

Ivan Borisovich

Born in the DZ - From Exton PA
Not familiar with the licensing agreement; I speculate you can buy a license and have all the access you want.

What trouble code are you looking for that Xentry is the answer for?

From the skimming I've done, typically Xentry work is beyond "reading trouble codes". Although much of what I've read about that people want to do doesn't appear to have safety implications, several are regulatory (not available on US code varient). I don't agree with several regulatory differences, but they should be respected.

It also appears several are features are software switches that enable features that could have been purchased. Flipping the switch without paying for the feature is also theft.
Flipping a switch on your own property is not theft. You have a distorted understanding of what theft is.

MTGJR1

A PERSONAL license for Xentry is over

So Xentry is the electronic repair information?

I used to buy physical manuals for vehicles years ago. Wish I could do that for the Sprinter more for the "Theory of operation" information.

I did not expect to receive the physical manual for free back then, I would not be appropriate to have an unlicensed copy of Xentry either (if it is the equivalent of the old repair manuals) today. Sucks that it is so expensive. Since I don’t care about periodic updates (don't do repairs, but like to troubleshoot) I'd like the equivalent of what I used to buy in a .pdf format.[/url]

Last edited:

MTGJR1

Flipping a switch on your own property is not theft. You have a distorted understanding of what theft is.
Almost as distorted as your thoughts on what is moral. Based on what I've read, intellectual property rights are probably not important to you. I disagree with it, but you help a lot of people.

Ivan Borisovich

Almost as distorted as your thoughts on what is moral. Based on what I've read, intellectual property rights are probably not important to you. I disagree with it, but you help a lot of people.
There is no universal morality. Your morality is shaped by the culture you grew up in. You need to stop preaching and start helping.

MTGJR1

There is no universal morality. Your morality is shaped by the culture you grew up in. You need to stop preaching and start helping.
You are correct on the no universal morality thing, that we can agree.

I also agree there is no reason to talk about morality with someone with a broken compass.

Since I do not have a hacker's mindset or skillset there is no need to continue in this
conversation. Just encourage people to do the right thing when it comes to intellectual property.

Ivan Borisovich

You are correct on the no universal morality thing, that we can agree.

I also agree there is no reason to talk about morality with someone with a broken compass.

Since I do not have a hacker's mindset or skillset there is no need to continue in this
conversation. Just encourage people to do the right thing when it comes to intellectual property.
I don't know why you even started...

Ivan Borisovich

All the way back to "pirated software" and cost of license; cost of product does not justify disrespect of intellectual property rights. Bye bye.
The software is downloaded straight from the original source and there is no license for it. When you download the software from Daimler, there is no license agreements that you sign or agree to...

Top Bottom