Why does Pandora shut off / Icons from other sites

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Why does my music app pandora shut down often (not always) when I visit the forum?
Also why does the forum often assume the icon of other sites at times.
Usually Amazon, or Home Depot but it just depends.
Using an ipad.

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What browser are you using?

What icon are you talking about, the favicon?

Which skin are you seeing on your browser, mobile or desktop?

When I'm using the and iPad, with the Brave browser, playing any youtube videos on more than one tab is hokey. Haven't troubleshot the issue, but I hardly use the ipad.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
What browser are you using?

What icon are you talking about, the favicon?

Which skin are you seeing on your browser, mobile or desktop?

When I'm using the and iPad, with the Brave browser, playing any youtube videos on more than one tab is hokey. Haven't troubleshot the issue, but I hardly use the ipad.
Ipad and iphone are all I have.
The icon identifying a tab at top of my screen.
Currently it’s fine, and the pandora music app is playing fine. But earlier and quite often pandora shuts off when I click a thread on the forum. This happens often, and when it does it’s multiple times daily.

Sorry I’m not very tech oriented.
Not sure what browser it is, Safari?
just whatever is installed on a 3 yr old ipad and updates on occasion.
I don’t watch much youtube on either device, when I do it’s just one tab.
icon indicated at top left in pic, it’s fine currently but often likes to assume other identities.

Attachments

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
A quick answer would be "I don't know." I'll have to test it.

My best guess is it's an iPad/Apple issue because it doesn't make any sense how the forum is affecting pandora because they are both isolated (sandboxed) from each other; Pandora app and browser.

The favico.ico is a Safari issue. For some reason Safari is caching favicons from other sites.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
A quick answer would be "I don't know." I'll have to test it.

My best guess is it's an iPad/Apple issue because it doesn't make any sense how the forum is affecting pandora because they are both isolated (sandboxed) from each other; Pandora app and browser.

The favico.ico is a Safari issue. For some reason Safari is caching favicons from other sites.
Thanks.
The issue started back in 2021, and it is only this forum where I experience either of these issues. Here’s a thread from our conversation back in October ‘21.
The Pandora issue popped up several months ago and the icon one just comes and goes… I’ve just been dealing with both.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Back when my job was supporting all sorts of PCs, browser problems on Apple products would usually go away if the owner tried another browser.
(Usually Firefox (these were the days before Chrome))

So, if it happens again, you might try visiting the AppStore and installing Firefox and start using it to Browse the forum.
(i would NOT recommend making it your "default" browser, just use it for the forum)
If the problems immediately cease, cast a raised eyebrow at Safari (and perhaps file a bug report with Apple).

--dick
p.s. why not recommended as "default"? I'm a fan of NOT upsetting the Apple Cart you're already used to.
(but realize that Safari can have "issues" with some websites)

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Apple forces all iOS browsers to use Apple's html renderer, so Chrome and others will still have some of the same issues as safari.

Firefox on Windows had a similar issue with the tab favicons for years, fixed eventually.

Pandora issue might be a shortage of RAM; sites with lots of pictures will use more RAM and almost all tablets have too little. They mostly only market the storage (32, 64, 128... GB), and not the RAM (which is usually 2-4GB).

Windows has more security problems, but the Surface Go (original, 8GB / 128GB SSD) is the best performing tablet I've used. And you can run ad-blocker plugins in Windows; Apple tends to prohibit them on iOS.
The W10 on-screen KB has some issues, though.

Last edited:

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Apple forces all iOS browsers to use Apple's html renderer, so Chrome and others will still have some of the same issues as safari.

Firefox on Windows had a similar issue with the tab favicons for years, fixed eventually.

Pandora issue might be a shortage of RAM; sites with lots of pictures will use more RAM and almost all tablets have too little. They mostly only market the storage (32, 64, 128... GB), and not the RAM (which is usually 2-4GB).

Windows has more security problems, but the Surface Go (original, 8GB / 128GB SSD) is the best performing tablet I've used. And you can run ad-blocker plugins in Windows; Apple tends to prohibit them on iOS.
The W10 on-screen KB has some issues, though.
Thanks, I acually have a surface Pro(?) 4(?) I bought for a specific purpose 4 or 5 years ago.
Didn’t like it so it’s sitting in a cabinet somewhere. And I suppose it’s a dinosaur ? now.
The issue on this ipad may be storage. Time for some cleanup I suppose.

rafski

If your using a iPad, it could be a battery management process that is shutting down "unused apps" in the background. Sadly Apple is not very forthcoming in how their battery management process works and even was part of a lawsuit back with the iPhone 6. Apple has also been known to kill competitor apps using the same battery throttle processes.
Quick test: does the same happen when your plug in your iPad to your charger? It should not throttle apps then.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
If your using a iPad, it could be a battery management process that is shutting down "unused apps" in the background. Sadly Apple is not very forthcoming in how their battery management process works and even was part of a lawsuit back with the iPhone 6. Apple has also been known to kill competitor apps using the same battery throttle processes.
Quick test: does the same happen when your plug in your iPad to your charger? It should not throttle apps then.
I think it happens regardless of charger. I’ll watch for that to confirm.
Thanks

Top Bottom