Will 15 Amp Service do?

hjudkins

I have an originally equipped Westy. I'm looking at a camping site, but it only offers 15 amp service. If I don't run AC, will that work? I know the recommendation is 30 amp. I suppose the inverter might have trouble with 15 amps. I would plan to run lights, and the fridge if possible. Thanks.

grozier

One of the breakers in the bottom compartment in the kitchen is for the 12v converters for the AC and a cooling fan for them. Best to switch that off.

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
One of the breakers in the bottom compartment in the kitchen is for the 12v converters for the AC and a cooling fan for them. Best to switch that off.
I think #5, you should hear the fan shut off on the big 110 to 12v converter. Obviously I hit cntrl I as the first letter!

Wasaabi

Sprinter Westfalia #133
The things you want to run use very little power. Which is why you can go for days doing that with just batteries. You can use a 15 amp outlet and cord and will have power capacity left over, since all you are doing is recharge the house batteries.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
A little bit of thinking can go long way.
15 amp = 1800W, when even the biggest appliances are limited to 1500W.
So this time of the year, you can run 1500W electric heater and still have battery charger on low.
Just remember to turn off big appliance, when you plan to turn-on another.
But beware that campground who offers 15 amp, very often has very sketchy electrical, so voltage can be significantly lower.
Electric heater doesn't care much about low voltage, but some electronics will be.

Last edited:

Top Bottom