Engine monitor for 2008 Roadtrek RS

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Just received notice from ScanGauge III personnel that DEF monitoring is NOT available for our 2010 Roadtrek Agile SS. So mentally must still guess when to add DEF which we have done for 12 years. I understand that our Van model has a capacity of 6.6 gallons of DEF.

Cheers...

bigb

2011 Winnebago Via 25Q on 2010 3500 Tucson, AZ
Just received notice from ScanGauge III personnel that DEF monitoring is NOT available for our 2010 Roadtrek Agile SS. So mentally must still guess when to add DEF which we have done for 12 years. I understand that our Van model has a capacity of 6.6 gallons of DEF.

Cheers...
If that is the case that means that the Scangauge cannot read the sensors. The sensors are there and can be read, I have a 2010 chassis with the large saddle tank which if I recall is 5.8 gal and can read them with Autel AP-200 Unless Roadtrk uses a different tank? Where did you get the info that it is 6.6 gal?

full after driving.jpgnot full.jpg

Last edited:

Mein Sprinter

Known member

bigb

I either remembered it wrong or saw a different paper, according to the one you linked I can hold 7.4 gallons.

bigb

Here is the document I was referring to, on page 12 it shows the tank sizes and on page 5 it says 2010 Sprinters, also the document was created in 2010. I wonder which one is correct. I do know that last year I siphoned my remaining DEF out and refilled with exactly 5 gallons of fresh and that is what you see in my Autel screenshot above as "100%".

Attachments

• MB Training Material on EGR_DPF_AdBlu.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 5

Mein Sprinter

Known member
ScanGauge Service <service@linear-logic.com>
Fri, Jan 13, 8:06 AM (2 days ago)
to me

Unfortunately, DEF is not not available for your vehicle. If you have any questions please let us know.
Regards,

Katie Veselovsky
Customer Service and Repairs
Linear Logic LLC

Had a question regarding DEF monitoring on my 2010 Roadtrek Agile SS for ScanGauge III. So I guess my 2010 doesn't have a sensor compared to the 2011.

Cheers...

Kajtek1

1922 Ford T. No OBD
If that is the case that means that the Scangauge cannot read the sensors. The sensors are there and can be read,............
Not necessarily.
SG would not read sensors on OM642 engines in the past and when I emailed them, the response was, that when the engine has the sensors, the ECU is not sending signals to OBD.
Now, after performing AEM, the software was changed and SG reads them just fine.

bigb

Maybe the confusion is that a 2010 without the AEM is still a 2010 as far as the ECM is concerned, but after the AEM and the newer ECM it is no longer a 2010 as far as the ECM is concerned. (The 2010 got an updated ECM as part of the AEM)

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Maybe the confusion is that a 2010 without the AEM is still a 2010 as far as the ECM is concerned, but after the AEM and the newer ECM it is no longer a 2010 as far as the ECM is concerned. (The 2010 got an updated ECM as part of the AEM)

Kajtek1 and bigb.... I had AEM done some time ago last year. ScanGauge had to recalibrate/update my ScanGauge II as MAP disappeared. Now all okay! Had ECM replaced, new NOx sensors, ECU installed as well as a new DPF. Maybe ScanGauge personnel did not pull up my profile indicating that my Van has been updated via AEM.

The reason for all these questions is, I would very much like to monitor multi happenings while on the road...just before plunging $$$ I want to make sure it does indeed display approximate DEF consumption and remaining.

Cheers...

Kajtek1

1922 Ford T. No OBD
ScanGauge keeps offering new updates and when I wanted to monitor DPF on my old SGII, I had to send it to them for update with $20 charge.
New SGIII does updates via WI-FI, so there is WOW factor.
Over the years I emailed them several times and I was the 1 who they send monitoring plugs for OM642 and OM651 engines, so they could figure out programs for them. Pretty impressive CS and good response from engineers. Very rare those days.

bigb

I guess what I should have said is now that our 2010's have updated ECMs they can't really be called 2010s anymore when looking to buy ECM software.

Last edited:

Mein Sprinter

Known member
AEdFTp74ybVB80m1dL5kK5bLlfuKRb2UBCxk_SwUQFha=s80-p-mo

Elmer HayesJan 16, 2023, 3:30 PM (22 hours ago)
Thank you Katie Veselovsky for your reply. According to our Sprinter Forum, many have said that if an AEM was done on the Sprinter then the sensors have been ex

AATWAftHYVXKLecladeRH6neDXkMLU8So4od2HEcPup1ybf-82bmZiD3GLEufiMiYwmg=s80-p

ScanGauge Service
11:59 AM (2 hours ago)
to me

My apologies. You can view DEF Tank Level with the following:

Diesel Exhaust Fluid Level (%)
TXD: 07DF0185
RXF: 032100000000
RXD: 2008
MTH: 006400FF0000
NAME: DEF

The ScanGauge III will report this value automatically in the 'Standard' gauge list without the need for an XGauge also. If you have any questions please let us know.

Regards,

Katie Veselovsky
Customer Service and Repairs
Linear Logic LLC

Having mentioned that my Van had an AEM done...so ScanGauge III should now be able in monitoring DEF. Now they're saying it does!!
So am in the market for the III.!

Cheers....
cleardot.gif

Kajtek1

1922 Ford T. No OBD
So far the only glitch with SGIII is gear recognition. They already developed fix, that I posted in other topic.
DEF works without any additional programming ended.

bigb

So far the only glitch with SGIII is gear recognition. They already developed fix, that I posted in other topic.
DEF works without any additional programming ended.
Can you provide a link to the fix? Is it something I can do with a WIFI update?

bigb

My 2011 Agile has a Freightliner chassis as well. I'll keep an eye on the DEF level gauge to see if it changes as I accumulate more millage.
Have you had any luck? I installed my SG III today and it shows DEF around seventy something percent full which I believe is about where AP 200 showed it when I parked it.

Kajtek1

1922 Ford T. No OBD
Can you provide a link to the fix? Is it something I can do with a WIFI update?
Look at my post about SGIII features. I am on different computer right now, so can't duplicate the code,
EDIT Now I read your last reply that 1.19 update is already available and it include the fix.
I have to do update myself ;)

subdewd

ScanGauge keeps offering new updates and when I wanted to monitor DPF on my old SGII, I had to send it to them for update with $20 charge.
New SGIII does updates via WI-FI, so there is WOW factor.
Over the years I emailed them several times and I was the 1 who they send monitoring plugs for OM642 and OM651 engines, so they could figure out programs for them. Pretty impressive CS and good response from engineers. Very rare those days.
Got to agree. I bought a SG 2 maybe 10 years ago and just had the firmware updated for my agile. What tech gets support after that much time? None

Top Bottom