Black and gray water tank drain hose

Allobet

It is below freezing here when we came back from a trip to Tx. The RV is winterized but we used the bathroom for #1 and added extra antifreeze to black tank to prevent pee-icicles but… when I went to dump, the drain hose came loose and broke.
Can I use standard drain hoses to replace it? Where can I find instructions about doing it?
Thank you all

Anna

Allobet

I think I found what i was looking for the sewer line:
Valterra Viper Dump Hose
Are there other options that fit in the sewer line storage space?

Bernd Pfrommer

I think I found what i was looking for the sewer line:
Valterra Viper Dump Hose
Are there other options that fit in the sewer line storage space?
Sorry I forgot what we replaced ours with but we found one with similar thickness (mills), but almost a foot longer than the original. After shortening it a little it fit into the tube just barely. But the extra reach frequently comes in very handy.

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
I replaced mine with a heavy duty (red) maybe from Walmart and put on new stainless steel clamps. (Messy job and long reach). Be careful not to make too long cause it wont close cap. I believe I fixed at tank first then cut output end when collapsed to get maximum length.

AL

ilsinc

Valterra, probably the most dominant supplier of RV plumbing components, makes sewer hose in at least seven wall thicknesses. Thickness measured in mils (1mil=.001") they range from 8 mils to 26 mils. Be aware that the thicker the wall, the less length you can squeeze into our short storage tube. So it's a trade off. The longer the sewer hose, the thinner, less durable. Personally I go for the longest thinnest hose, and try to be careful when emptying the tanks.

Last edited:

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco

Allobet

I did it!
Bought the 10’ long Valterra. Shortened the part connected to the can for about 1’. Used hair dryer to heat the plastic so it would fit back into the existing coupler.
I left the original connector in the exterior side and the cut one connected to the van.
I will test it next time I dump. I hope it works!

Attachments

Top Bottom