What Companies Sell Stated/Agreed/Fixed Value Insurance for Sprinter RVs ?

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
Progressive will not write an RV stated value policy for a “van.”
Correct. The van needs to meet RV requirements which is 110v power, plumbing, and a toilet? I can’t remember. But if you meet RV requirements they will do a stated policy. I have one with Progressive. About 200 a month for 145k value.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Apparently Roamly offers both options, stated or agreed, with agreed probably requiring an independent appraisal:
There appear to be some copy/paste errors in the article, making it somewhat confusing.
I talked to Roamly again today; they said they do require an independent appraisal for Agreed Value, and that it should cost around $100.
They said I can start with stated value, and then get it appraised after my build is 'done'.
I'm planning to sign with them very soon.

E350

@RVBarry Please keep updating this thread and your experience with Roamly. I have spoken with them twice and will again.

What is your understanding of the difference between "Stated Value" and "Agree Value?"

RVBarry

@RVBarry Please keep updating this thread and your experience with Roamly. I have spoken with them twice and will again.

What is your understanding of the difference between "Stated Value" and "Agree Value?"
Hi,
Stated Value (aka Stipulated iirc) means YOU say that's how much insurance you want to buy.
But if you have a claim, you have to prove the value by showing all your receipts, etc. And it's possible (likely) they would depreciate components.

Agreed Value means you and the insurance company both agree upon a value up-front (usually with an independent appraisal).
IN THEORY, this means there should be little to no haggling after a claim.
The insurance rates will probably be higher.
I don't know if there would still be depreciation on the build components, but almost certainly there would be on the vehicle.

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
We paid $39k for our Navion maybe 6 years ago. The nada value is $55k. I’m good with that but it’s a manufactured motor home so that probably doesn’t help you. Allstate

GaryJ

Here since 2006
We paid $39k for our Navion maybe 6 years ago. The nada value is $55k. I’m good with that but it’s a manufactured motor home so that probably doesn’t help you. Allstate
FYI when I switched from Allstate to a Progressive RV policy on my Winnebago, the premium dropped by half. They also have great benefits with it like collision coverage on your RV in Mexico, as long as you carry just Mexican liability coverage, which as you’re aware is required there anyhow. Also very low cost towing, disappearing deductibles and $10K trip interruption expenses are in there.

RVBarry

BTW,
Roamly offers trip interruption coverage. The standard version of that appears to be $2000 (which should be included in the quote I posted earlier, but may not be itemized).

Also, they said they give an 'early bird' discount if you get the policy before you sign the purchase contract for the RV.

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
FYI when I switched from Allstate to a Progressive RV policy on my Winnebago, the premium dropped by half. They also have great benefits with it like collision coverage on your RV in Mexico, as long as you carry just Mexican liability coverage, which as you’re aware is required there anyhow. Also very low cost towing, disappearing deductibles and $10K trip interruption expenses are in there.
Copy, our guy is really good to us. He called me and told me about a company Allstate just bought and saves us another $400/year or so. I speak to our agent 1-2 times per year and we always come out saving a little each time by playing the games…. Saved $300 by then tracking me on the phone, should I be worried? Maybe but if someone wants to know something they probably already do!
Thanks for the heads up.

GaryJ

Here since 2006
Copy, our guy is really good to us. He called me and told me about a company Allstate just bought and saves us another $400/year or so. I speak to our agent 1-2 times per year and we always come out saving a little each time by playing the games…. Saved $300 by then tracking me on the phone, should I be worried? Maybe but if someone wants to know something they probably already do!
Thanks for the heads up.
A total $700 reduction? Not sure what you’re paying, but 15 years ago I dropped Allstate at $950/yr and went with Progressive at $450/yr and much better coverage. Over about 12 years it increased to $650, then took a jump to $800 after California (near me) burned a few years ago. It’s now back down to $650. The RV is covered for $50K. No tracking here.

RVBarry

BTW,
Roamly offers trip interruption coverage. The standard version of that appears to be $2000 (which should be included in the quote I posted earlier, but may not be itemized).
To be clear, trip interruption only kicks in due to accidents and other insured events; e.g. most mechanical failures/breakdowns would not trigger trip interruption coverage. (Perhaps one could use a credit card with trip insurance to pay for fuel, food, campgrounds, etc. during the trip and get some coverage that way?)

However, there is coverage for 'Pest' damage ($5000 default, $250 deductible), so if a rodent eats your wiring harness while camping, trip interruption should kick in.

Other comments - They also have:
coverage for 'personal effects' ($5000 default).
Roadside assistance
Towing endorsement ($2500 default)
Roof (for leaks?) ($5000 default, $250 deductible)
Vacation Liability ($10k default)

I bought the policy; stated value of $100k for now. As I complete my build, I will increase the limit and I may switch to agreed/appraised value.

Top Bottom