I have been bookmarking stuff in the forum, now I cant find them any help?

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Bookmarking per my understanding is for linking the post into reply.
For finding saved topics, you have "watch" option.

bored

I am going to assume you bookmarked the conventional way. Via your browser. Firefox, explorer, ect....

If the forum was ungraded at some point the browser bookmarks wont point to the same location....

This is the hotlink for THIS thread......the number will likely change unless the person upgrading the forum insures these hotlinks are not changed.

That being said.....these links wont work any longer.

If you go to the bookmark and click edit.....under name you will see what the thread was called when you bookmarked it. You should be able to search for the title and find the original thread.

You could export all your bookmarks and dump them in excel to create a rule so excel does all the hard work for you...finding the name and searching for the name.

Even with that you still need to bookmark all bookmarks again.

As others have said you could bookmark or "watch" the threads as you find one interesting which will eliminate using your browser.

Scubalong

2020 144 4x4 Graphite Grey
I like this feature. I can come back and look at the topic or thread that I did not have time to read or understood.

1663626956936.png

bored

It sounds better then it is.

With no folder feature by the time you bookmark EVERYTHING you think is relevant you will have to search through something the size of the yellow pages to find what you want. Even though you can TAG items you still can only open one at a time.

I bookmark everything into folders.....Suspension....Engine....Injectors...

That way I can quickly open only the relevant bookmarks to the area I am working on at that time and not have to sift through all the nonsense.

stgatev

A search tip: search function in forums in general is somewhat limited. A good text search, which can also be contextual, is really hard to implement (I am a software engineer). So I generally rely on Google for my forum searches. For example, to find discussions of the High Idle in this site, search this:

site:sprinter-source.com "high idle"

The "site:" part instructs Google to search only this forum. I put quotes meaning that I want the whole expression.

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
I finally discovered if you add a label to the bookmark you can filter by labels. Spent a rainy day labeling several hundred bookmarks; life is much easier now.

Top Bottom