Wish List for Features the Sprinter had activated AMG GAUGES , OFF-ROAD SCORE etc…

Sprinter_hacker

If any of you guys will be in the Montrose Colorado area this weekend, we are looking for any guys with heater options to give free coding to.

John @ Agile will be there and you will just need to walk up to him and ask.

San Diego vans don’t normally get the add on, so we are hoping to see some vans in Colorado we can connect with.

Thank you for the help guys !!!

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Question :
I did a little digging on the factory heater for the VS30 and I was only coming up with H11 and H12 options.
Could you explain the H88 option and how it varies from the other options?
I don’t know much about the H88 or other options. I just wish the H88 was more useful, especially since it’s a GIANT piece of equipment under the van compared to a simple Espar D2 type heater.
It comes in passenger vans and likely an common option on crew vans.
Only works below 40f, it can be set to start on a timer to prewarm the interior, or can be turned on with a dash switch as long as it’s below 40f. It does heat the van well.

Here are a couple links to some info on it:

I’ll take and post some other pics of it tomorrow (update- done), for now here is where the vents come up through the floor, drivers side about where a crew seat or 1st row of seats would go.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
If any of you guys will be in the Montrose Colorado area this weekend, we are looking for any guys with heater options to give free coding to.

John @ Agile will be there and you will just need to walk up to him and ask.

San Diego vans don’t normally get the add on, so we are hoping to see some vans in Colorado we can connect with.

Thank you for the help guys !!!
WOW that’s awesome.

Any way to get the high idle on a VS30?
this is from the link below from 2017, also see info on heaters in the H12/HZ5 section of the linked page, the H88 is mentioned.

X06 High Idle Fixed Package/ X07 High Idle Variable Package
They do what they say on the tin. If you want to use an engine-based alternator to recharge your house batteries, this is one way to do it while you are parked up.

There’s lots of discussion about whether these vans should be idled or not, and whether high idle is different to regular idle. Some people say it is really bad for the engine. Other people say Mercedes offers the option, so why not use it?

Last edited:

mve

2019 Crew 4x4 HR
it'd be great to disable certain parking sensors that always trigger alarms while backing up if you have a rear mounted tire carrier / storage-box on the rear door.

Sprinter_hacker

it'd be great to disable certain parking sensors that always trigger alarms while backing up if you have a rear mounted tire carrier / storage-box on the rear door.
I will be working on this next week to add. Have had a few people request it. I did it once but did not make notes on where I edited the data.

• Thanks
Reactions: mve

Sprinter_hacker

WOW that’s awesome.

Any way to get the high idle on a VS30?
this is from the link below from 2017, also see info on heaters in the H12/HZ5 section of the linked page, the H88 is mentioned.

X06 High Idle Fixed Package/ X07 High Idle Variable Package
They do what they say on the tin. If you want to use an engine-based alternator to recharge your house batteries, this is one way to do it while you are parked up.

There’s lots of discussion about whether these vans should be idled or not, and whether high idle is different to regular idle. Some people say it is really bad for the engine. Other people say Mercedes offers the option, so why not use it?

I have not done one on a VS30, but I did do one 7 years ago ( Didn't realize it was that long ago ) on a 906 chassis. So I imagine it is similar.

GeorgeKG

The Distronic cruise control shuts off if the sensor does not get a radar return from traffic for a certain period of time (approx 45 to 60 min). I have experienced this when driving on isolated roads with no traffic. The only fix I could find from reading forum posts is to drive the van in traffic, which I can confirm will fix the problem and clear the warning messages.

Can you change this behavior of the Distronic radar sensor? I would like to lengthen the time before the system shuts down in cases of no traffic on the road.

Sprinter_hacker

The Distronic cruise control shuts off if the sensor does not get a radar return from traffic for a certain period of time (approx 45 to 60 min). I have experienced this when driving on isolated roads with no traffic. The only fix I could find from reading forum posts is to drive the van in traffic, which I can confirm will fix the problem and clear the warning messages.

Can you change this behavior of the Distronic radar sensor? I would like to lengthen the time before the system shuts down in cases of no traffic on the road.
That I will need to look into for options. There are quite a few adjustments to that system for behavior, and will peak at it and see. Theory and operation usually explains the fundamentals of how it works, so I will read into that as well.

Hopefully I can find something !!

Sprinter_hacker

That seems pretty high, I’m thinking 1500 would be good… and a lot less noise and fuel use.
The Storyteller Beast Mode has a high idle feature, I wonder what rpm it runs at.
Yes so I should clarify. It programs in 200 rpm increments, so from Idle to 2000 rpm is your adjustment range.
They give you and on off button and a + - button to control the set RPM.

Sprinter_hacker

H12.png

So I guess I'm looking for a van with H12 or HZ9 option installed.
Looks like the other options are just the setup working with the Fuel_fired Heater booster

Ivan Borisovich

Born in the DZ - From Exton PA
Dude your are killing me. I'm not stealing coding. I need a van to inspect the coding and test if its possible to edit. I know I can do it, but I don't have a van to test.

Geezzz
What's there to inspect? If some members of forum would be smart, most of the options that you talk about would be available and shared for free.

Sprinter_hacker

What's there to inspect? If some members of forum would be smart, most of the options that you talk about would be available and shared for free.
I made my intentions plain as day. We are developing right now and need feedback from owners on what they would like. Remember this is not MHH or DK. You can go on those forums for people who want to learn how to do those things. These are Sprinter Van owners and majority would rather have a turn key solution versus beating their heads against the wall learning how to do so for days/weeks/months.

We are finding solutions for what people request. Its like a chef asking what do you feel like eating, versus only selecting what's on the menu.

I am trying to be helpful by FINDING SOLUTIONS to their request as some have no options. I am willing to spend my time doing the research to make those wishes a reality.

If your not going to contribute to some cool things to add, then I would find a thread where someone can use your help. There are tons of people who would appreciate that.

I know you're probably a good guy and want to help and I encourage you to continue to do so, but trying to discredit me is taking away from the purpose of this thread. I stopped doing the " My dad can beat up your dad " stuff back in grade school. Please move past this.

Top Bottom