Wish List for Features the Sprinter had activated AMG GAUGES , OFF-ROAD SCORE etc…

Sprinter_hacker

Hello Guys,

I am just trying to see any Specific options you thought would be cool to modify, turn on, enable, or Turn off. These van's can be quite complex but we are willing to try to tackle some of these wish list items if there seems to be enough requests or interest.

Active Cruise control ...
Head Unit options ....
Cluster Options .....
System options ....
Features ......

Any input is welcomed !!!
Thank you for the support !!

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Awesome.

1) Having adaptive distronic cruise, I’d like to be able to toggle it to normal cruise at will.
My Distronic function is ridiculous at times.
Like 7 to 10 seconds to start to resume speed, and a few times almost 30 seconds to get back up to speed. I actually counted.
It’s Absolutely Retarded.

2) DPF filter on display permanently as part of the gauge cluster seems like it would sure make sense, and being able to trigger regen manually if dpf is over 95% would be a nice feature. I have occasionally checked my dpf guage while en route to somewhere and sure enough it starts regen just as I’m arriving at my destination… so I end up going for an extra 10 to 20 minute drive to let it complete the dpf cycle.
This situation is also absolutely retarded.

3) option to toggle rear camera on display all the time (yes, this is available through other sources)

4) Ability to use the H88 aux heater option like an espar is used by so many on this forum.

5) This is probably an outlier - but having a high roof lifted 4x4 with rear roof ac, a roof level view front and rear camera set up would be awesome at times, especially when trying to park in the shade.

I’ll be back with more wish list later…

Last edited:

Cusker

'22 Crew 2500 Gasser 144 HR
  • Tone/chime when engaging Park
  • Retain prior setting for Lane Keep Assist (after restart reverts back to On 90+% of the time)
  • Disable rain sensor (if equipped)
  • Disable front cornering light feature (other than having headlights in Auto AND Auto high beams)
  • Turn off all exterior lights while engine is running (only while in Park would be fine)

Sprinter_hacker

Awesome.

1) Having adaptive distronic cruise, I’d like to be able to toggle it to normal cruise at will.
Like 7 to 10 seconds to start to resume speed, and a few times almost 30 seconds to get back up to speed. I actually counted.

2) DPF filter on display permanently as part of the gauge cluster seems like it would sure make sense, and being able to trigger regen manually if dpf is over 95% would be a nice feature. I have occasionally checked my dpf guage while en route to somewhere and sure enough it starts regen just as I’m arriving at my destination… so I end up going for an extra 10 to 20 minute drive to let it complete the dpf cycle.

3) option to toggle rear camera on display all the time (yes, this is available through other sources)

4) Ability to use the H88 aux heater option like an espar is used by so many on this forum.

5) This is probably an outlier - but having a high roof lifted 4x4 with rear roof ac, a roof level view front and rear camera set up would be awesome at times, especially when trying to park in the shade.

Awesome.

1: So I have only found a solution for the ACC with larger tires. When this does act up, is this while
Driving when you manually disengagement ( brake pedal input etc.. ) and resume, or is this just initial setting of the system for that drive?

2: A fixed display on the main menu for the DPF fill
Level and manual forced regen when parked. Go it !!

3: Easy peezee for that one.

4: So are you referring to the early REST mode Mercedes has to run the heater to maintain temperature without an Aux heater setup ?

5: It could be possible, but would require more aftermarket cameras for that one. Unless you wanted to repurpose the factory ones …

Let me know if I got that all straight….

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Turn off the > 39 degree f ambient temp shut off for the h12 heater.
Did you know that the 39 degree shut off of the H12 heater is an emissions requirement imposed by the CARB. Here is typical quote from the 2023 Sprinter diesel certification document. Copy attached FYI.

"BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED:
The fuel-fired heater incorporated in the listed vehicle models must not operate at ambient temperature above 40 °F
(13 CCR Section 1961.2(a)(13) [Emission Standard for a Fuel-Fired Heater])."

Attachments

wooteroni

Did you know that the 39 degree shut off of the H12 heater is an emissions requirement imposed by the CARB. Here is typical quote from the 2023 Sprinter diesel certification document. Copy attached FYI.

"BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED:
The fuel-fired heater incorporated in the listed vehicle models must not operate at ambient temperature above 40 °F
Yep, know all about the CARB realities and appreciate your comment. At this juncture, that's not something I am focused on when it comes to my list of "wants." Happy motoring!

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
My answers in italics
Thanks
1: So I have only found a solution for the ACC with larger tires. When this does act up, is this while
Driving when you manually disengagement ( brake pedal input etc.. ) and resume, or is this just initial setting of the system for that drive?
I do have oversized tires 265/70/17 (31.7”), and would like to go to 285/70/17 (33”) or possibly 285/75/17 (33.9”) when I have to replace my tires in the near future.
It is during normal engagement. If I manually disengage via brake pedal and then try to bump up speed again it’s still ridiculously slow. I usually just end up stomping the accelerator pedal.

2: A fixed display on the main menu for the DPF fill
Level and manual forced regen when parked. Go it !!

I do have the def level now, I was able to deploy that constantly via the menu.
I want the filter% to be fixed on screen, and the ability to make it start regen sometime before 100%, such as 95-98% so if I see it approaching 100% I can instigate regen so I don’t have to drive extra to avoid interruption of regen cycle. I’d like to be able to do that while driving, not parked wasting fuel.

3: Easy peezee for that one.
Awesome ????

4: So are you referring to the early REST mode Mercedes has to run the heater to maintain temperature without an Aux heater setup ?
I’m not sure I understood correctly, but I think that’s it. I have a 2019 passenger van which came with the H 88 auxiliary heater on the driver side at the crew seat position (1st row of seats in a passenger). It took me two winters to get it to activate via the switch on the dash, as it has to be under 40° (and will only stay on for a short time?). Supposedly it is able to be programmed to a prewarm time- for example to warm the vehicle before starting in the morning. I want to be able to run it all night thermostatically if needed when camping.
I have not figured out the prewarm function as I cannot seem to get it on the menu. There was a youtube video of a hack changing the sensor resistor up at the grille, but I believe it was just to make it activate at a warmer temp, like 50f instead of 39f, and perhaps that makes the ambient temp dash readout incorrect.

5: It could be possible, but would require more aftermarket cameras for that one. Unless you wanted to repurpose the factory ones …
Yes, that‘d be a product that may have a market, especially if no drilling or wiring is required.

Thanks

Let me know if I got that all straight….

Last edited:

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE

"BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED:
I see. I’m all for clean air and do dislike the enissions of all the espars I’ve been around.
I’d love to have a robust enough electrical system to just use an electric space heater or two. ?????
That said I’d like to have my H88 useable like an espar or oblate it and have an espar to use until I get a monster electrical system.
Slept in my van with no heat at 16f…. ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom