Maxxfan Install

jogger

It's not clear at all how you wired the switch(es) to the fan. Maybe you can explain what we're looking at?
I ran a CAT 5 cable from the RJ45 port on the fan up to the dash.
Using an RJ45 breakout plug I wired the NO momentary rocker switches and NO momentary push button for the features.
Features include: ON/OFF, 10 fan speeds, reverse and AUTO TEMP.

Attachments

akadaedalus

I'm going to sit here and be dumb. How do you connect these controls or splitters to the fan? I looked at the docs a few times, but admittedly didn't go look at the fan itself. Is there a port I don't remember? A dangly dongle bit?

I also wish I got the remote controlled system now that I see it could have been wired to control the open/close. I didn't want to go hunt a remote control some dog stole. But it would have been cool for a hardwired switch at the dash like this one for example.

Pickleball

2022 2500 144 High roof 4 cyl diesel
The RJ connector on the Maxxair fan control board sits very close to the edge and there is little space between that connector and the housing, thus restricting ability of the cable to be brought out from the fan. Ethernet cables with a boot protrude too far to bend and have the cable emerge from the housing. I had to find a cable with no boot and even then had to cut off part of its plastic terminal cover to be able to bend the cable and clear the housing.

There are much thinner flat Ethernet cables but I haven’t located one without a boot.

31DBF887-9307-4D25-8FD8-403D49C30A9F.jpeg

Top Bottom