Alaska baby!

IPT

A little more than a weekend getaway, we went for 4 nights :). No complaints here, except I need to figure out the airing down thing....dang washboarded roads. Yes, we slept in the tent. Don't want to the kids growing up thinking sleeping in the van is camping. At
least not when the weather is above single digits :). Sub-zero, we're in the van, or most likely I'd be going alone :).

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
for those of you that now have dirt or dead grass for a lawn…. another 8 weeks till I won’t have to mow and then it will be the start of snow shovelling…
114D4C2B-FE62-42F1-B5DB-65924B87C2DC.jpeg

IPT

Tents and high population of bears are not for just anyone.
Bravo.
LOL, yeah, for sure. Been camping up here for 20 years and knock on wood I've been fine. Use good camp etiquette, keep a clean camp, and hope your number isn't up is about all you can do :).

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
drone….
mid-late June would be a good time, fishing hasn’t really started so it wouldn’t be a conflict with those that try to fill their freezers and less traffic and crowds too because of that…
easy access and lots of room…

5B643662-FA9A-41FE-BE12-146011ABA566.jpeg

gtholden

2005 T1N, 140WB, Low Roof Passenger, ~163K Miles
drone….
mid-late June would be a good time, fishing hasn’t really started so it wouldn’t be a conflict with those that try to fill their freezers and less traffic and crowds too because of that…
easy access and lots of room…

View attachment 229851
Would a 2wd T1n be able to get there? Or 4wd required?

gtholden

2005 T1N, 140WB, Low Roof Passenger, ~163K Miles
2wd no prob !! there’s a well maintained dirt road to the lake and it’s firm driving along the shoreline..
In the stages of planning an Alaska road trip. Just have to see if the T1n is road worthy for the haul from NC.

Top Bottom