Dent on rear of roof is rusting... [photo]

jjmcclure

2020 HR 144 4x4
Definitely fix it soon. If you don’t like the $1,500 quote from the bodyshop, and have 4-6 hours to DIY, check out chrisfix on youtube, he shows you how to fix the rust and repaint + clear coat.

properanglish

I don't understand this post. If it bothers you, just get it fixed.
Sure, go ahead and send me the money for the fix. Your autism is showing, of course I would love to just gO GeT It FIXeD, Karen. Just getting what one would call "advice" from other people. Yours is kind of bad. Much love.

marcwestbmw

Try a 2 prong attack. Get a paintless dent repair vendor to get it straight. Then refinish with a touch up vendor or at that point you could attempt to refinish yourself. Fortunately, it's up high so it doesn't have to be perfect.

Call your local dealer's service department and ask for vendor recommendations.

Ot1

Stop the continued rusting at least until you get the dent removed. Use a stainless or brass hand brush from Harbor Freight, to remove some heavy scaling particles. Brush on Rust Mort ( cheaper products available but not as good) from Amazon to convert rust (rust reformer). Find someone to do the repair without using Bondo filler, you will get a better repair if Bondo isn‘t used.

what year is your Sprinter?

Last edited:

HeyBuddy

Purchase a spray can of color match paint, epoxy primer and sem prep from automotive paint store
Tape off with blue tape
Sand
clean with sem prep
spray with epoxy
lightly sand
spray with color coat
sand with 1500
done

If it looks like crap, sand it off and redo

you can also check out some YouTube videos

have fun

Top Bottom